Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Ride Board 2014-2015

haha yay! I am really happy right now! good to meet all y'all.

I will definitely post here days before when I go up. I might go up Wed if all works out.

In the mean time I'll be lurking around looking for stuff that fits me better (like...size 26.5 boots instead of 28). It feels kind of scary to get boots without trying them on first but I have absolutely no idea where one would try on alpine hardboots around here :) so any advice on that or heads up if anyone is selling some would be most welcome. 

Dangerboy, I wonder if it was you I saw from the lift once. It was a hardbooter with a young kid, under Vista, on a Wed morning.

I am curious how it is up on Hood with spring break right now. On Saturday I kept pulling over to let screeching packs of adolescents by.

So, overall a good day.   Easy drive up , although I did see a car spin out and hit the ditch just before the 35 turn off.   Parking lot had 6" still on it and cars were getting stuck before they could get in the parking lines.    3-8" new,  moderate wind pretty steady all morning.  Sun started to poke out late morning.   Groomers were pretty good with enough coverage that I wasn't hitting the ice underneath.  Too soft for hard carving.  Nice for trench digging on the Tanker 200cm!!   The Coiler "Headhunter 200cm" would have been right at home in this "Tweener" sort of day.  Good to be in a winter atmosphere.  Crowds did arrive,  parking lot was full when I left at noon.   Allot of areas are either roped off or should be.  Other areas are great, just depends on the aspect .   Wed looks good for carving,  especially if it DOES NOT RAIN!!   The snow quality was pretty good, dense but not wet or sticky.  Bryan 

I might try and go tomorrow... hmmm....

It's going to have to be a last-minute decision... like 6:59am tomorrow morning...

I've got meetings at work that I would need to ditch and/or shuffle.  So, I need to make sure the trouble is worth the licks I might have to take...

You guys probably made a good choice :P

Was raining at 8:30 when I got to Meadows this morning, continued to rain. Heavy wet slow powder, some slush, not much groomed. A layer of snow covering all the rocks, trees, dirt I saw on Saturday. Between the overcast and the lack of windshield wipers on my goggles I could hardly see a thing. Called it a day after 3 runs; it rained all the way back to town.

IMG 20150325 083501

You guys probably made a good choice :P

Was raining at 8:30 when I got to Meadows this morning, continued to rain. Heavy wet slow powder, some slush, not much groomed. A layer of snow covering all the rocks, trees, dirt I saw on Saturday. Between the overcast and the lack of windshield wipers on my goggles I could hardly see a thing. Called it a day after 3 runs; it rained all the way back to town.

Yuck! Well, as Bryan says "if you want to know, you have to go." Hope things are still rideable this weekend. 

Making the most out of every second of the remaining season by storming spring!

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/123166862" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am in orange at :48

post-158-0-27113700-1427316269_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I like how the temps look to stay cold for at least the next 7 days...  

If they get a foot of snow this week, then by next week it will be nicely groomed for possibly some HERO carving conditions?!!!  I'm looking at next Monday/ Tuesday/ Wednesday...  Maybe Tuesday because the Groomers always seem to have a bad case of the 'Mondays'...  Wednesday may be too late?

I already put the boards up for the season... but I guess I better get them back down...  Murphy's Law in effect...

Dan , you know that there are 30$ "Buddy Passes" and visitor (other ski area season pass holders)  available , right? 

I know you are a smart shopper and I think Steve just went through this process (deciding to buy a spring pass / season pass) 

Surprised to see his gear is put away though ???   Steve, if you don't want to bugger your Kessler,   get out a rock board or perhaps borrow one from me? 

Bryan. 

Watching the weather / snow pack.