Note to New Members ×

Raichle SB stripped canting

JBS

I recently stripped the canting on my Raichle SB413's. Inside and outside canting adjustments are both toast. Ordered replacement parts but I can't get the screws to reverse completely out. Is there a way to disassemble without destroying the boot itself? Also is there a way to prevent this from reoccurring in the future? I already tighten the canting bolts every time before I ride. Thanks for any input.

Thanks for the tips. I think I'm going to try and glue it in place once I get it out. I have access to a large supply of Loctite products, a retaining compound should work. As for angles I ride at 60+, but I do lock the lean position. I want to try a stiffer boot anyway. Does the AF or any other Raichle boot have this problem?

is ugly work. I used a smaller pair of vise grips on the t-bolt inside the boot to hold them while removing the bolt. I used a few drops of 2 ton epoxy per cant mechanism to glue them together then replaced the bolts with new stainless bolts using medium strength loctite (blue) on the new bolts. BTW I've never stripped a cant before, but figured that while I had these apart I'd just do it.