Note to New Members ×

Sims Carver.... Need Help

Banjo Bill

I came across a Sims (Carver?) 161 still new never use, Real Cheap!!!!

I would like to know is this a Race board or a Free carve?

I am looking at it for my Daughter she is 14.. 5"9 and 135. Is this to much board for her. She has been Carving about 6 times and i would like to get a board for her. At this time I can't afford a Donek for her....... Thats dads board !!!!!

Ar(angel has some nice small Oxygen Proton/KR 149's on ebay, cheap. I just picked one up for my wife, 5'8 135, as a 4th board. She's got a Rossi Race 149, like new, gathering dust. It has a 19 cm waist, ~ 9M sidecut, slightly larger freerideish nose. Let me know if you're interested.

Mario

Bill , I am guessing it was a race board in it's day. Probably not stiff by todays standards. It is very unlikely it was "Race Stock" if it is brand new at a store. Flex it and get a feel for it ? If your daughter has small feet the key will be , "Is it narrow enough?" and "Does it have a smallish scr 7-9 meters max??) It is important that she can keep the speed in check and not destroy her confidence. Time and time I see this occur. Lighter gals boards (at least at first) should be short, soft and no wider than thier stance angle / boot size would dictate. There are quite a few fathers/ husbands that have gone through this on BOL. I would expect they will be happy to share what they have learned? Good luck.