Note to New Members ×

Rear quad pain/charley horse....

Mellow Yellow

it seems since the end of last season... if I stop to take a break the next run or so my right (rear) quad charley horses on me... this never happened before... is it a sign of aging:confused: :p or could it be an angle/canting issue... I have not adjusted my angles or canting significantly in years though... anyone with any feedback???

If you've had any injuries and knocked a hip, knee, or ankle around it can affect you in the way you mention. I slipped on the ice in the parking lot at the mtn a couple of years ago, and didn't know it at the time but screwed up my right (trailing) hip. Ever since then I've needed ridiculous amounts of heel lift and inward cant on my right binding. Well, until recently that is, I've been getting it treated by my "ever so gentle by incredibly effective" chiropractor over the summer and fall and it's coming back to normal slowly but surely, and so is my stance!