Note to New Members ×

How long do race boards last?

dangerboy

Lowrider,

My apologies if you were offended as the post was not made to offend anyone or directed at anyone. To even think that a plate could..well..nevermind. Dont turn it into something it's not.

I could say that your screen name is offensive to some but I wont go there. The main thing is that we all have fun as I can not take that away from anyone regardless of their side cut.

Guess I should have added a :) not personally offended in the least. Have you tried a plate yet ? There doesn't seem to be an in between when it comes to plates. Love em or hate em.

Guess I should have added a :) not personally offended in the least. Have you tried a plate yet ? There doesn't seem to be an in between when it comes to plates. Love em or hate em.

Yea..plate was ok. It didnt tickle my fancy. Felt like one of my skate slalom decks with jacked risers.

Thanks for all the advice. I took up the old Rossi (Throttle 167) again today. Very traditional sidecut/ camber... Again, best board ever (of any board 15 years or older that I have ridden)...

However, I got to ride with Bryan and Mike... Wow! I need something new.

I'm thinking the old Rossi feels good because it has softened up. As I get my legs back the old board may not be able to keep up.

As I understand, non-traditional sidecuts need to be combined with the right amount of rocker/camber profile... Traditional side-cuts are predictable if you've grown up with them. Non-traditional side-cuts are trying to give you more control per degree of incline? This is because a traditional side cut will make a exponentially tighter radius per degree of edge tilt. You can imagine how a one degree difference in board angle (with snow) will force the board to flex deeper and deeper.

I think I can feel this, there is a point where bringing the board over on edge blows up, or at least harder to hold with a standard sidecut. I would think this point could be extended with a non-traditional sidecut?

But, this is just bar talk, and I need another beer...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by dangerboy