Note to New Members ×

shipping boards to uk............

rikytheripster

I know this has been covered previously but i am unable to find the thread. Basically im after a new(used) board and thus want to buy it from the classifieds, however i am not sure how much it would cost to get it shipped to me in the uk. I bought an ex demo wcr and that cost me $100 CDN to get shipped but it seems companys get it cheap. Thus has anyone got an idea how much it would be to ship if bought from a person in the states/canada?

Board will be 175 ish

Thanks All

went through the get a quote and was quoted $65 for shipping a 15lb board(guessed) from the US to the Uk however they did not ask for package dimensions. Does this mean that my board would just be $65 to ship? As size does not come into it just weight? Thats on a 10 day delivery also- airmail parcel post.

Thanks for the help.

You'll have to read the fine print, usually there is an overall limit of the 3 dimensions combined, like say 60 inches, but then it says no individual dimension over 40 inches, or something like that. I know USPS has an extra charge for "oversize" that applies to boards because of their length, and it adds $7.50 to the domestic charge. Overseas could be more. Chances are that $65 quote is 'way low for a board.

couldnt find it listed anywhere

it SHOULD be either 108" or 130" total combined, but...might be different

call em:

General Information

1-800-ASK-USPS® or (800) 275-8777

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Closed Sundays and Holidays

$65 doesnt sound that low, really, based on the weight. but the size might make a difference

It doesn't cost much, because Donek include it in the price. They also pay duty, VAT etc. For new stuff obviously it's cheaper to go and get it, if you happen to be in the right continent. I've had a few race boards shipped from Blue Tomato in Austria and it doesn't cost much; a few tens of quid.

But everyone in the uk seems to ride tricky-duckky...

Have mailed usps if no reply will call. Yeah dont think it will be too much, will wait and see. I know what you mean Philw, carving in the UK is almost unknown. Trying to get equipment is a pain. There was a shop, SS20 in OXford that did some, the owner being a carver but thats about it.bluetomato is good but am after a coiler all mtn for sure so classifieds is the way fwd.