Note to New Members ×

White drops out of slope style

tex1230

It's action time by Shaun White!

Iouri Podladtchikov did it and won GOLD. He did his own created Yolo-flip (You only live once) in an exciting perfect way. Shaun White, the world only rider else capable to do it, did it too. But the flip wasn't that perfect.

[highlight]So there remain the question on which snowboard Iouri won Olympic gold medal?[/highlight] Quiksilver isn't the board shaper.

One thing was very crazy and was never seen before: no US guys on mens Olympic podium of halfpipe run. The women did it better (Kaitlyn Farrington 1./Gnu & Kelly Clark 3./Burton).

Podladtchikov was very stocked right after both of his runs, because he knows moves had been well done like on best dreams. Shaun White was congratulating him. The two Japaneese riders of mens final haven't been that lucky about silver and brown medals.

Snow condition was bad on final round. We saw many of the worlds top-12 rider crashing on the flat because of soft and shaking snow. As I wrote above, coming back from the air there is a high speed. You need a board whitch is able to offer a confidential control on Your ride.

So on which board-label Iouri Podladtchikov won last WSF Worldchampionships AND ISF Worldchampionship AND now Olympic Gold medal?

[highlight]Does anyone here at BOL has an idea?[/highlight]

You can buy from that label carving boards since Years too. They are called the "JTR". Waist is at 193mm to 202mm.

(I hide the label by a blue field)

image.php?id=D850_52FD39DD&jpg

I know, there are many board makers now for Alpine snowboarding. Donek, Coiler, F2 and so on, You know them all well. Even there are upcomming newer label like On-Edge-Style. They seems to be like Sputnik-carvers made in Spain. But it sounds not well if Spanish riders on Olympic halfpipe final round are on Yonex (JPN) boards and not on Made-in-Spain snowboards.

Even I have to ask here again, why realy no-one want to give any trust to boards from labels which can beat every highest level contest like WSF Worldchampionships and ISF Worldchampionship and winter Olympics?

And there is more, we saw riders on that boards on each Sochi Olympic halfpipe finals. So boards from that tiny label must not be a minority or a bad thing. And about the worse snow condition on the transistions and flat of the Olympic halfpipe: did you see how confidential and on which running silence Podladtchikov was riding and pushing-up his speed there, while many others crashed?

Come-on, say me which boards realy sucks!

Edited by snowmatic

Don't know, don't care.

Maybe these had been the same words of many people, like we saw after 2002 Salt Lake City winter Olypic-Games as Schoch won on a Kessler snowboard his first Olympic gold medal on PGS ever!

do you think that's the board thing that wins on subtropical slush pipe?

Novosibirsk? They now there out in Novosibirsk what Iouri Podladtchikov ride?

Wholy s***!

It' just some weeks ago I was alone with a nice Siberian girl with snowboard on, on a highspeed quad chairlift here on the Alps. She asked me if we allways ride on such high outdoor temperatures snowboard, like we have now. And she talked about how it feels riding at minus 30° (-22 Farenheit) in Siberia.

For sure, it's not a board thing for to reach Olympic gold! But if there is no trust into the board, there will be missing, or less trust in Your moves on snow. This can make the difference between gold to silver, or even crashing.

Iouri Podladtchikov could snip with his fingers since Years and any big snowboard maker like Burton, Nitro and so on takes him for $$$$$$$

Pumpkin from Cloud-9, thats the brand he ride, isn't capable at all to do sponsorings to Podladtchikov. Pumpkin is a super tiny brand. So they are only capable to build excelent snowboards for free to Podladtchikov, thats all they can do.

And even this excellence of a shape is what we need on any snow-conditions for riding. Like pure ice we saw on Sochi PGS qualification runs and even up to that Sochi subtropical slush on halfpipe runs.

Thats a key factor, which is managed less and less, even by many of alpine snowboard builders today.

So the alpineboard I talked here about is the Pumpkin Jack Da Rippa

image.php?id=67B4_5307A7C3&jpg

Pumpkin snowboards can find here, like Iouri's board too.

JTR Price tag is at about $700 free of tax. Price includes chosing one of 8 different graphics and build to Your wight for sure. (should be asked before Your order)

Cloud-9 it's one of the most authentic fun-sports store/brand we can find on planet earth. They are small and they do just fun-sports, not marketing like many others.

(and please don't overrun them, they are not capable due to the production limits to feed all the world with snowboards)

Edited by snowmatic