Note to New Members ×

Alpine boarding camps

chrlewis

I have been using a freestyle board for the last ten years, accompanying my kids to the slopes whenever I can. I am now interested in Alpine boarding and would like to go to a camp for a few days (somewhere in North America) that will give me a good foundation in carving and getting me started the right way. Does anyone know of such a camp? Google could not help me out on this topic :(

Your best bet would be to hook up with other carvers in your area... It's a rough go here in the Midwest... There are a few carvers across WI, a few in the U.P. and some below the bridge in Michigan... The greatest concentration of carvers seems to be around Minneapolis... Check out the ride board... It's always a treat to ride with someone else here in the Midwest...

You can attend the S.E.S. or E.C.E.S and ride with other carvers for an entire week as well.... They do clinics during the event and tons of great people will be more than willing to get you heading down the right path.. You can also demo hardboot gear from different manufacturers to get an idea of setup....

Where in Wi are you? We have a strong group of hardbooters (around 20) at Tyrol Basin near Madison, and know of others in most places. A lot of us have extra equipment that people can try, and a lot of us are coaches or instructors as well. It's probably your best bet like NMU said. There aren't a lot of camps, and you can get HB specific lessons, but they canbe hard to find around here. riding with locals works best as most are always happy to help out a new person.

If you are anywhere near Wausau, I'd be happy to help you at Granite Peak. I'm teaching one now. I may even have equipment you can try.

$trider - I really have to venture south and ride with the folks at Tyrol!! Almost ten years here in Wausua and I haven't strayed from the local haunt, except pilgrimages west.