Note to New Members ×

Venture Snowboards -Silverton CO

loopback

Thanks for the reply!

I had never heard of them and cannot find all that much online.

I have a line on the following Venture boards all new, all last years models.

Zephyr 163cm 25cm waist split

Storm-R 181cm 25cm waist

Storm 165 cm 25 cm waist

It's about $750 for the lot of them.

The 181cm interested me due to the length mostly. I only have one non alpine board and it's a 200cm.

I would like a split board, just because... and the 165cm would be a nice gift for my son.

I guess I was looking for confirmation that they are a reputable company that builds quality stuff.....If they have some secret sauce (like Coiler/Donek/Virus) in their boards that would be a bonus.

Is $750 a good deal for the 3? or could I get one at half off list price pretty much anywhere in CO anytime?

Thanks again

//Paul

The 181cm interested me due to the length mostly. I only have one non alpine board and it's a 200cm.

I would like a split board, just because... and the 165cm would be a nice gift for my son.

I guess I was looking for confirmation that they are a reputable company that builds quality stuff.....If they have some secret sauce (like Coiler/Donek/Virus) in their boards that would be a bonus.

Is $750 a good deal for the 3? or could I get one at half off list price pretty much anywhere in CO anytime?

Venture Snowboards are fairly well-known in Colorado, but typically only stocked at specialty shops. I anticipate there is not at much margin on a Colorado-made, specialty board as there is in a Brand-X, Chinese-made POS, so big box stores don't carry the product.

I would not hesitate to recommend one. I would jump on the set at $250 per board. The best prices I have typically seen have been on eBay, and are in the $300 to $350 range.

My 180 Storm R split rides like a 155cm board - it is extremely maneuverable, yet has plenty of effective edge when you tip the board.

I've had a Zephyr 172 wide for about 5 years now and love it (it's what I'm riding in my photo). Dead flat base, kind of heavy and it felt kind of sluggish and numb at first until I got attuned to the response characteristics. That done, the board rocks - solid carving, very nimble in bumps (ask Mike T) and fairly floaty in powder. One would expect such a big board to be more floaty, but it is pretty stiff which compromises the float but seems to lend stability and carving power. It wedels along beautifully and has really nice pumping characteristics in a foot or so of fresh Cascade powder. Seems to be pretty bulletproof, too. I'm hoping to hit Silverton this winter and take it for a spin on it's home turf. I've only ridden it in softboots (DriverX's with Burton bindings mostly) and the width is almost adequate for my size 12's at +15/-5.

If the boards you are considering are new/warranted it's a great deal.