Note to New Members ×

WTB: freecarve or GS board located in Germany or Italy

Dan

This is a long shot, but I haven't had any luck so far finding a rental alpine board for an upcoming trip to the Italian Dolomites. I'll be in the Bolzano/Corvara area, in a town called Siusi allo Sciliar. Apparently Rabanser is located very near where I'll be staying, but I haven't been able to chase down a rental from the factory so far. There are rentals in Corvara, but it's about 60 minutes away and I won't have a car.

So...does anyone have a board located in Germany or Italy? I could either pick it up in Munich in person, or have it shipped to my hotel in Munich or Siusi allo Sciliar. I'm looking for a freecarve or GS board in the 168-178 range, for a 70-kilo rider, and hopefully under 150 euros. It does not have to be the latest greatest metal board - an older Proton or something like that would be great.

I posted on Frozen-backside.de, but nothing yet. I'm also looking on Ebay.de, so hopefully something will turn up, either here or there.

Thanks!

Siusi allo Sciliar is south of Castelrotto, both located between Bolzano and St.Ulrich, right?

What about rental items. Snowboard only? Binders and boots too?

Hi Snowmatic, yes, that's exactly right, Siusi allo Sciliar is about 3 km south of Castelrotto. I'd like to rent a board and bindings, but I'm planning on bringing my own boots - they're Thermofit, and rentals just wouldn't fit as well. If I can't find rental bindings, I don't mind bringing my own bindings, but I really don't want to bring a snowboard over from the U.S.

Hi Dan, what about ski race standings at Beaver Creek now?

Maybe all the .de sites are wrong. You know Seiser Alm (Siusi allo Sciliar) is not located in Germany, even if some residentals speak German language. Siusi allo Sciliar is located in Italy, there is nothing in common with Germany.

You rather should seek for .it domains.

Depending what you can get there, bringing own bindings can be better.

Kostner Sport at Corvara has a carvingbaoard for rent. Corvara is located on the other side of Grödner Joch pass (Passo Gardena) witch You will reach by snowboard from Siusi allo Sciliar. Alternate you rent some Snowblades at Siusi allo Sciliar first and last day for $14 a day for to reach Corvara or Kolfuschg/Colfosco for to pick up / bring back your rental-board. You need a ski-ticket vallid for all the lifts from Siusi/Seis to Corvara. Dolomiti-super-ski covers all lifts.

Skibus Val Gardena Ski-Express from St. Ulrich-Wolkenstein can help to be faster there ($12 one week).

Don't miss to take some lessons on a raceboard. You can do that right on the way/slope to Corvara!

At east flank of Grödner Joch pass You will find the village Kolfuschg (Colfosco) where you will find a shop called Posch Sport Alta Badia

Marion Posch, twice time World Champion and World Cup Winner will improve Your rides with hardboots immediatly in some few lessons. I recommend highly to spend some $ for school on boards.

marion_posch.jpg

Ask Marion and Posch Sport store, if they have GS-boards, or freecarve-boars for rent too. I think they can help You.

And more:

> ask Snowboard Club Villnöss, near of Siusi/Seis (fsp.1994 write-an-at gmail.com). Some members have Tomahawk's, SigiGrabner and F2-RS for sale. Maybe some members will give You a board for use it for free.

> and as I wrote: Frozen-backside .de it's just German not Italian! So turn away from frozen carvers to carver with fire under hot edge, ask if they can help You! There is a Want-to-Buy section too (Vendo e compro).

Good luck!

Hi Snowmatic, thank you for all the great information!

Us Americans are pretty lousy at geography, but I do know that Seiser Alm is not in Germany :) Our first stop on this trip is Munich though, and ebay.de has a dedicated alpine board section that makes it easy to find gear, so I thought buying there and shipping to my Munich hotel might be the easiest approach.

Now, on the alpine forum side of things, I should have known to look for one in Italy -- thanks very much for sending me the Hardsnowboardingitalia link, I think there is definitely more information there than I'll find on frozen-backside. On rentals, I actually e-mailed Sport Kostner already -- they're the ones who suggested contacting Rabanser directly because I told them I wouldn't have a car, and they said Rabanser would be closer. But I didn't know that you can get to Corvara by ski.

I have to say, renting snowblades, skiing to Corvara, and then picking up a carving board sounds <b>AWESOME</b>! I don't think that kind of long-distance travel across multiple resorts and towns is possible anywhere outside of Europe, and it would be a great memory of this vacation...as long as I don't break my leg on snowblades, I haven't been on skis for 10+ years.

At any rate, thanks again for all your information, I think I'm in good shape now...I'm going to try to buy a board, and if that doesn't work, I'll be renting from Sport Kostner. I'll let you know how it went when we get back.

Hello Dan,

Yes, when You are back, everyone here on forum is waiting for Your report from the Dolomit Italian Alps!

If You seek for older Protons or similar old boards go to willhaben.at which means "I want get".

Type in "raceboard" on search field "Volltextsuche" and you will find near to an unlimited amount of Protons and other stuff. Oxygen Proton's starts at $20 and You will find any length you need. It's as cheap, as You can buy 2 boards. So if one doesn't fit Your needs, You take the second one.

willhaben.at is an Austrian site. Maybe You can make a stop in Innsbruck (Munich - Italy), so delivery of boards can be make to a postal office in Innsbruck / Austria. It's called "Postlagernd" = Your adress at that postal office. The seller of board will help You about the procedure.

Snowblades are easy to ride and to carve. They fit hardboots. Maybe You need sticks like skiers for to have more stability. Carry a backpack for to bring back the snowblades to Siusi/Seis

Yes, You can do long-distance travel across multiple resorts and for sure multiple country too in Europe with skis.

Reaching Kostner Sports from Siusi/Seis is a matter of 90 minutes by two bus, one gondola and downhill by snowblades. If You have more time, You go over Seiser Alm by snowblades, downwards to S.Ulrich bei gondola, bus to Wolkenstein and further to Corvara.

I think, if You leave Siusi allo Sciliar/Seis around 8 am by bus You will reach around 9:30 by snowblades Corvara.

Please ask on Hotel-desk or Tourist-Office at Siusi/Seis. They will help You to take the right bus ans right ski ticket for to go to Corvara or Kolfuschg/Colfosco for lessons on alpineboards. Taking the bus is mostly included on ski-pass.

Don't miss to ride Sella Ronda if You are there. It's a great round trip by ski/snowboard only. Needs a full day. So take care to not spend to much time for caching countless of photos of this dream scenario. Sella Ronda starts at Wolkenstein, which is the same point to reach Corvara by Gondola No. 30 (Danterceppies) from Wolkenstein up to Grödner Joch.

Again, please ask then on Hotel-desk or Tourist-Office at Siusi/Seis for all the possibility.