Note to New Members ×

Searching for a thread

Marc H

From: http://www.google.com/insidesearch/tipstricks/all.html Lots of good tips and tricks to simple searches.

Search within a specific site

Precede your query with site: if you know you want your answer from within a specific site or type of site (.org, .edu). For example: site:edu or site:bomberonline.com

Then add your specific search term after the site:bomberonline.com

site:bomberonline.com tail protection

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abomberonline.com+tail+protection&oq=site%3Abomberonline.com+tail+protection&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.14327j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

My favorite on the subject

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Tips like this would be a useful addition to the threads in the FAQ section.

I agree, the search within the BOL forum appears to be limited to the older posts. I have had to refresh my memory a number of times on the "how to" search a site. Then I have to try to search to find the thread that includes the search string. We can bounce the idea off the big boss and see what he thinks. Seems likely?

On the same topic: Perhaps a "Tips and Tricks" within the BOL site would be handy.

I often share some of the methods I use and get a response like "damn! I wish I had known that...."

HINT: It often revolves around features within the vbulletin software in the user cp area.

Example: email updates on threads you are subscribed to.

"New Posts" button is very handy.

Bryan

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com