Note to New Members ×

We Ride - The Story of Snowboarding

floBoot

Liked this video, but there were some notable omissions from snowboarding's early history- like who invented the soft highback binding, as well as info on other first generation manufacturers like WInterstick, Barfoot, Avalanche, and lib Tech...
...and almost no one talked about the European contribution to development of this sport.... Just see for example ,,Hard Attack" ( http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4g7yf_hard-attack-part-1_news ) and get to know Peter Bauer ,Jean Nerva -european Burton shapers , A.Lieughtahi, A,Maszewski,Poporte and others. Edited by Tatoos

Great watch. Thanks for that.

I thought it was ironic where they said that Jake Burton was into racing before he decided freestyle was the future of the sport.

Edit add: This vid got me remembering when snowboarding was different and cool and fun to be part of because of it. That's gone now.

Maybe that's some of the draw with alpine.

Edited by rjnakata

• 2 weeks later...
This vid got me remembering when snowboarding was different and cool and fun to be part of because of it. That's gone now.

Maybe that's some of the draw with alpine.

Funny how that idea hasn't really hit me. I think snowboarding today is not much different from when I started in 1988. I still ride hard, try new things, and ride with the same group of guys I rode with in 1988. With the exception of terrain parks and the advancement in equipment nothing has changed for me.