Note to New Members ×

F2 Intec Titanium Cable Break

mihi

I presume you mean the Intec boot cables, which aren't actually anything much to do with the F2 Titanium bindings.

I've never broken a cable. I think I used my first pair from 1997 until this season. I replaced the boots and both cables from the old boots look fine. Now I have spares. I never bothered greasing the things or otherwise messing with them. Fit and forget..

It's a genuine pain in the you know what! You need something pointy enough to push in the pins and fit within the holes on the receiver. The allen wrench used to adjust your Bombers works very well but you really should have two...one for each pin. Fortunately I was at the bottom of the hill when mine broke which is normally where it would break anyway. I had easy access to tools. It may be possible to release it by pushing in only one pin but I haven't actually tried it that way. Unless you have some buddies around it would involve taking your foot out of the boot which is part of the overall pain in the you know what! In fact, it's really a two person job...one to push in the pins and one to pull up the boot. having said all that...I really love my stepins. Always have full downward pressure on your foot when releasing them and always be gentle!

It happened to my friend once on the slope (luckily at the bottom by the lift chair), and 2 of us had to rescue his left/front foot together.

You might want to check the small peep hole for the cable, just in case, by making sure that the peep hole is big enough (no hard rubbing/scraping against) & smooth enough (no jagged edges). That may help to prolong the life of the cable a bit (less wear/tear).

Otherwise, it should last for a while, but certainly not forever (& that's normal). Also, keep a spare handy, too.

Good luck,

- Hiroshi

post-682-141842200289_thumb.jpg