Note to New Members ×

td3 standard vs phiokia binding

snowboardfast

I have and rode both. Phioka is more flexible, but it is piece of s..t by my opinion. Any adjustment on the binding is pain in the ass. Smaller screws even when replaced with SST like to bind and I usually end to drill the heads off if I need to make any adjustment. Screws are to small for torque and sockets are easily deformed. If you put binding on board and never touch it again it will be OK I guess. I will take TD any time over Phioka. Why do you want to convert SW to standard? Try Standard on front leg and SW on back. I found this combo working for me the best.

Thank you for the replies. I guess I will not convert sw to standard if it is stiffer than Phiokia. I only use phiokia with 1 pair of boots so no adjustment needed after setting up. Easy to switch from 1 board to another than sidewinder as I have to disassemble sidewinder to remove from board due to small boots-26. No disassembly of phiokia to switch to another board

Phiokka, now PHK, produces several different models, depends of which one you have.

The 46.6 are great bindings, if you are talking about phiokka, shoud be 5 or more years old bindings.

Have a tour at www.phksnow.com/snow

Otherwise they are very dufferent bindings, TD goes in the flex way and PHK in the stiff one.

I think that just depends in what are you looking for and which is your global setup, board, boots.

Edited by jacopodotti

I do have both bindings. TD3 are constantly attached to many other boards for its easiness of adjustment and interchangeable design. Although my Phiokka is older than TD1, I keep them for future use with narrow boards (<16cm width) for my mp28 boots. For ridding, with Phiokka, my feet are much closer to board (low profile) so I get more direct response from the board. As other posted, once I set them up, I don't want to touch the setup. hmmm.. As think of it, I've spent good + 30 min. to set one up. TD3? 5 min. max.