Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe HB Thrmo liner vs?

Mr.E

Looking for a little guidance-

I suffer a lot of foot pain. I've been working with a fitter off and on, and have a new orthotic that seems to be really helping with the arch pain.

I have pretty limiting heel pain that I believe is at least aggravated by the location of the "L pad" shaping on the Deeluxe HB liner (I think it is a little low and a bit stiff for me).

Any suggestions for a wrap style liner of similar volume to the HB without the distinct heel hold down molding?

I would be interested in this too, I got a new pair of Track 325 with Thermo Flex Liners last year, to replace my deelux lemans, and despite professional boot fitting, they just don't feel as good? I have a feeling that the liner didn't form properly the first time we molded it, and now I have a couple of odd pressure points, that line up with the creases in the liner. Have tried re heating but have had no joy. My boots are 28.5 if you look at intuition site, they say to get 29s, and if you look here BOL, they say get 28s??

There is a lot of conflicting info here and on the web about thermoflex vs intuition :) probably largely marketing babble, but even so, I would be interested in everyones thoughts.

Also just got a pair of Burton Driver X, but a friend bought them in the USA (i live in AUS), so I didn't get the box/instructions? Is the liner moldable on the 2013 Driver X?

Am using zipfit, one happy customer. I even downsized from 25 to 24.

Used thermoflex, Palau, wasn't happy. They would pack out really fast and didn't have enough foam on areas I wanted for my wide feet with skinny ankle.

But it really depends on why you get heel pain. Can't really tell if zipfit or foam injection liner would help unless a professional boot fitter who really knows what he's doing has a really good look. I was lucky to have former Olympic skier turned boot fitter to fit my zipfit liner for a reasonable price... Consider myself one lucky SOB.

It also seems that your orthotics may be a bit too high? I sent my hardboots along with my foot mould (I had podiatrist to make me one using carbon fibre) requesting that heel lift be kept minumum and that also seemed to help a bit. The kind of orthotics made by ski boot fitter is, well, I'd say feels a bit cheapo IMHO... But that's just me.

Edited by leeho730
Oops.... Olympic not Olympian

My orthotics are pretty slim- slimmer then any pair I have had in the past. I had a slightly taller pair in a set of older red 325's with an Intuition liner (don't recall the model) without this particular vise-like problem. I tossed in a pair of Crispi liners which, while generally the wrong volume for these shells, did seem to help narrow this particular form of discomfort to the new shape of L-pad on the Deeluxe branded liner (I think).

In looking at the Intuition site, it appears that the Alpine is fairly devoid of (additional)ankle padding. It's hard to tell how the black Powerwrap sits. For folks that have used them, does the black part conform well during molding, or is it stiffer/ less pliable?