Note to New Members ×

Last Run

lowrider

While there are a few more weeks left at a few places in VT, Saturday at Killington was the last one for me and my son. Great way to end it...blue bird sunshine, low 40's, no crowds. A few pics on Header at Ram's Head

9ed8dc51b5acc1d4398d89af8c5d3a07

My son

a9ad2f5a7074707b41cfd12736f9938c

(My son's buddy's dad in background)

e61ba7f430bbe9385d939e9322832b07

How are the knees ? Tough going but it isn't over till the slush and the sun are one !

funny you should ask...seems as if once I turned 50 a few months ago my knees started to protest by mid-afternoon. :D And yes, the softer/heavier snow, especially once it gets bumped up by noon certainly takes its toll on the ol' bones. They say you hit one year where your kid(s) eventually catch up to you. Well, this was the year my son (15) officially overtook me in speed, endurance (and air). :biggthump

funny you should ask...seems as if once I turned 50 a few months ago my knees started to protest by mid-afternoon. :D And yes, the softer/heavier snow, especially once it gets bumped up by noon certainly takes its toll on the ol' bones. They say you hit one year where your kid(s) eventually catch up to you. Well, this was the year my son (15) officially overtook me in speed, endurance (and air). :biggthump

If your not riding a plate yet your knees may be telling you it's time. I can usually outlast those who don't ride one but the knees know when the slush season start. Wondering if it has more to do with the speed changes fast and slow plowing through the piles as skiers feel it too. Never admit he's faster just think up better excuses !

If your not riding a plate yet your knees may be telling you it's time. I can usually outlast those who don't ride one but the knees know when the slush season start. Wondering if it has more to do with the speed changes fast and slow plowing through the piles as skiers feel it too. Never admit he's faster just think up better excuses !

Thanks for the tip...I'm thinking of going to Sidewinders first....but the plate system intrigues me too.

I shifted to softboot and park about two weeks ago, with the exception of one particularly hard morning at Loon, NH. Once it gets soft and the races are over for the year, I always shift back to freestyle riding for the last few weeks of the year. Have you thought about switching to SB's for the last week or so? Easier to dodge those knee-busters, but I guess it depends on what type and size alpine rig you are running.