Note to New Members ×

First Tracks

trikerdad

How about not only first tracks but, second and third also. Now that the crowds are gone, I feel like I have Shasta to my self. My wife gave me a disposable camera and asked me to take a few pictures of Shasta for her family. I did, but had a half a role left so I burned it up on the slopes. This is one of the few times in the 15 years I've been riding Shasta that after a good dump it hasn't warmed up. It's been 10 days since the last snow and it hasn't gotten above freezing yet. It's still perfect hardpack.

post-867-141842200251_thumb.jpg

still skidding those turns are ya>!

Friggin heck; showing me this sort of stuff; it really makes my mouth water... MORE MORE MORE!

As the bishop said to the tea lady.

This at least my idea of perfect conditions. Were you like the only person there?!

Great stuff.

Kip

Originally posted by NMU Alpine Boarder

I think that 2nd pic is cool as hell:D ... Nice work...

agreed. sick photo.

Im kinda considerin drivin down there one day, just to check it out. youre STOKED on the good conditions! Thats some nice grooming too!

Guest peterk

The first shot had me thinking I could post something to keep it company. The second one blew that thought away real quick. Awesome.

So instead here's a "pre first track" pic of andrea's Alp at Owl's Head last year, waiting for the lift to open.

post-1565-141842200256_thumb.jpg

The only reason he was alone was 'cause I can't get outta work yet! I'm thinking about going tomorrow, it just depends on the weather. The runs he's taking pictures on are sweet little greenies that are a blast on days like those when no one else is around. Damn Bill your killing me! How do you like your Prior? I'm really hoping to get up there soon, I'll have the kids with me but we can still get some runs in together. The boy can go down the Marmot runs, we'll just make 2 to his 1! :D

Pray for sunshine!

Paul

Yeah, I knew it was there. I have a couple better pics of my tracks but picked the one with my shadow. These are scanned pictures taken with a little disposable. I'm pretty impressed with the results. I've tried to use my old digital but it's heavier and more awkward.

I love that your shadow is in the first one - it makes the picture. Without the shadow, we don't know who's taking the picture. With the shadow, the picture says "I did that!!" It really captures the feeling of "carver's pride" that we've all felt. I love it.

The second shot is sick! But your board looks asym??

I love the 2nd pic! I've been wanting to take one like that to make a poster out of, so that I can get the realistic view of what it's like in a deep carve on my wall! When I take it I'll post it on bomber.

PeterK, Owl's Head looks awesome in that pic! I find the grooming there is usually... sub-par... with many death-cookies, but that looks sweet!

Guest peterk

We got lucky... it was the week after march break and this is what we woke up to the first morning (it had already snowed for 12 hours and didn't stop for 2 more days!)

The snow was just amazing (that's the trip I learned to dig trenches so it's a great memory).

One thing that always makes a difference IMHO, and it's all Andrea's doing... be up before the lift opens. Doesn't seem to matter where we are, she makes sure we get the best of it.