Note to New Members ×

UPZ Parts

I was inspecting my boots and noticed that one of the canting discs and screws was missing on my right boot !@#$%^&*()~!@#$%^&*(. I'd get replacements from Dan ASAP but I'm afraid they won't make it in time for the long weekend. Someone help a brother out? I just don't want to be without proper gear this weekend.

I may be able to get a screw but what about the disc? Do local ski shops carry these?

post-9748-141842384514_thumb.jpg

I was inspecting my boots and noticed that one of the canting discs and screws was missing on my right boot !@#$%^&*()~!@#$%^&*(. I'd get replacements from Dan ASAP but I'm afraid they won't make it in time for the long weekend. Someone help a brother out? I just don't want to be without proper gear this weekend.

I may be able to get a screw but what about the disc? Do local ski shops carry these?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33372[/ATTACH]

hi CHARLIECHOCOLATE

saw your post while searching if RUWI made a post about the 24hour event at grouse.

i think i have your CANT DISC & BOLT in my spare parts bag but can't check for sure until i get back to my burnaby home tomorrow evening--haven't been there in almost 2 weeks so it may take me a while to remember where i put it. i remember giving some parts to RUWI, BEAGLE AND GTANNER last year so there is a small chance that one of those guys may have taken the last one.

get my phone number from BLUEB or SCOOBY and call me saturday after 6pm.

alternatively you could try searching the BOL archives for an old post by IAN HADGKISS about using 1 inch washers and tnuts (and lots of duct tape) as a temporary fix. the post was from the first year of BOL (1999?) and KENT SMITH either started the thread or was offering to send free raichle cants to people who needed them--that's all i can remember.

good luck. call me either way.

later

doug

I've got a spare set of broken UPZ boots that I use for parts. I've got a cant screw assembly (red) and it's yours. The only catch is I don't have a torx wrench to take it out.

give me a call 604 six-five-three seven-five-two-seven

I'll be around most of the day tomorrow (we have a play-date in the morning) - Located in North Van, just across from the Iron-workers bridge, 3 min drive up Mt. Seymour Parkway.

-Gord

I've got a cant screw assembly (red) and it's yours. The only catch is I don't have a torx wrench to take it out.Gord

Thanks, Gord. I've already made plans to go to Whistler on Saturday. When/where are you riding this weekend?

good luck. call me either way.

later

doug

Hi Doug! Excellent info, thanks! I'll get in touch with you soon.