Note to New Members ×

Wide

Mister Sandman

Hi to all, I am new to the forum and joined recently as I am looking for info to move to hardbooting after more than 2 decades softbooting .

I have been reading as much as possible but still can't figure the answer to the following question: which it the widest boot actually in production? I have a 108mm wide foot 26.5cm long and although I will probably have to resort going anyway to a boot fitter I would at least like to start with the widest... Thank is to all for your suggestions

hey Ric

I wish I'd have known you have such a wide foot, I would have steered you away from the Raichles and towards the UPZ or Heads they tend to be a bit wider in the forefoot.

I think that even with custom molded liners a fitter will be hard pressed to make the Raichles work for you (my wife is getting her atomic skiboots punched out and intuition liners this week for the same issue).

Try putting your feet in the raichle shell (w/out liner) when they get there, you should be able get at least 1 finger width of space between your heel and the shell and the balls of your feet should not touch both sides,

With such wide feet you may want to consider a wide lasted AT boot like Black Diamond Primes for use with plate bindings.

Some other guys here that have hobbit feet with more experience on other boot options will chime in.

Maybe you'll get more responses if you repost this question in the off-topic forum instead of here in reviews.

Edited by b0ardski