Note to New Members ×

Camelback

keltacer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of snowmaking all day. Very nice snow, but some runs had spots with 2-3" ungroomed machine-made snow, which is much slower than the groomed. It rattled me at first, but I got used to it. Probably will be great the whole week. Raceway was open -- I can finally complete turns!

Anyone riding this week at all?

Heading to camelback on Sunday. 2nd year carver will be with a bunch of beginners and only 1 with hard shells but I will be there. Planning on throwing everyone in a lesson to give me time to break away and ride. I will be riding a madd 170

Name is John #908 418 8075. Would love to meet up with other hardbooters always fun to learn from more experienced guys

I've gotta work tomorrow so I'll probably hit camelback this weekend at some point early in the day. John, if I'm there Sunday i'll reach out to you (not that you'll learn much from me, also second year in hardboots).

Hope you can make it out. Weather looking good. Spoke to a friend who works there and says conditions are pretty sweet. Been really cold and I'm sure they are making snow every chance they have.

I'm going Sunday. Probably try to get there for opening, but sometimes Sunday evening is less crowded. When are others planning to show up?

I'm not hard to spot -- orange boots, red helmet. If Raceway is open and not crowded and not too badly groomed, that's where I'll be. JohnnyLo, let me know when you're planning to to be there and I'll give you a call if I'm there then (or PM me and I'll give you contact info) -- same for anyone else, for that matter. Keltacer, are you going? NickG?

I'm going Sunday. Probably try to get there for opening, but sometimes Sunday evening is less crowded. When are others planning to show up?

I'm not hard to spot -- orange boots, red helmet. If Raceway is open and not crowded and not too badly groomed, that's where I'll be. JohnnyLo, let me know when you're planning to to be there and I'll give you a call if I'm there then (or PM me and I'll give you contact info) -- same for anyone else, for that matter. Keltacer, are you going? NickG?

I pmd you teach. With the info. And whoa this could turn into a CES. Camelback expression session

Rode with Kel and Teach on Sunday 1/27.

Was awesome riding with you guys. Awesome riders, good people cant beat it

Also conditions seemed awesome. Was only on 1 trail.....was with 3 very beginner riders. So i stayed, but that trail was sweet.

Going to be heading again to camelback next sunday 2/10 weather permitting. Hope to see other carvers there

Man, all you sunday-ers. I have a small crew that goes up saturday night - we usually get Rhododendron Glen to ourselves, or pocono raceway if it's not too cut up. Johnny - where in NJ are you? I'm down in the marlton/medford area now (south jersey). Next week looks good weather-wise, I may spend a day or two up there before new job starts. If I do, I'll post on here.

Man, all you sunday-ers. I have a small crew that goes up saturday night - we usually get Rhododendron Glen to ourselves, or pocono raceway if it's not too cut up. Johnny - where in NJ are you? I'm down in the marlton/medford area now (south jersey). Next week looks good weather-wise, I may spend a day or two up there before new job starts. If I do, I'll post on here.

hey nick

im in union country central nj. Had a friend who lived in Medford. That's a ways down the turnpike haha if it looks good weather wise then I am for sure there. Was awesome last week. Hopefully we get no more rain it'll be just as good

hooefully you can makeit look far ward to riding with you

Rode with Kel and Teach on Sunday 1/27.

Was awesome riding with you guys. Awesome riders, good people cant beat it

Also conditions seemed awesome. Was only on 1 trail.....was with 3 very beginner riders. So i stayed, but that trail was sweet.

Going to be heading again to camelback next sunday 2/10 weather permitting. Hope to see other carvers there

Ha! You're being way to generous... unless your talking about Teach. Might be going this sunday morning as it tends to be pretty empty on superbowl sunday. I'll definitely go next weekend as well.

Got a few runs in this morning. Raceway was in bad shape -- the left third or so was very thinly covered, with lots of sharp rocks showing through (and dirt, but it's the rocks I worry about). The right third was roped off, as usual, for race training. Hope they get some snow made soon.

Marjie's was pretty nice once you got past the scraped-off steeper pitch.

Got a few runs in this morning. Raceway was in bad shape -- the left third or so was very thinly covered, with lots of sharp rocks showing through (and dirt, but it's the rocks I worry about). The right third was roped off, as usual, for race training. Hope they get some snow made soon.

Marjie's was pretty nice once you got past the scraped-off steeper pitch.

I must've missed you. I was there Sat and Sun. Sat was not very good, especially on Raceway. Lots of bare spots and hockey puck sized chunks of ice. The best snow I could find was on rhododendron glen, especially where the snowboard team trains. I was sneaking on when they broke for lunch and when they wrapped up for the day. Sunday was much better. Camelback blew a ton of snow overnight in addition to a little bit of natural snow. Let's hope the weather holds up.

Sunday for sure. JohnnyLo, I'll bring Julian's stuff. I'm thinking of coming Saturday too -- we'll see what the road situation is.

There is now (finally) lots of snow on Raceway.

Awesome Teach......look forward to riding with you guys tomorrow should be awesome

Trying to get there for 8:30 ...Have both you and kels number will let you know when I arrive.....if Im a little late look for a guy with a red coiler...My uncle joe(cafercr)

Going to be awesome day