Note to New Members ×

Camelback

keltacer

nooO! Did you break it snowboarding? And I guess if I had to choose when to break something, it would be right at the end of the season so I could look forward to next season. :rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight

Chance

Snow

Low: 16 °F

Thursday

Slight Chc

Snow

High: 27 °F

Thursday

Night

Slight Chc

Snow

Low: 18 °F

Friday

Slight Chc

Snow

High: 33 °F

This setup is perfect for friday morning...omg....

Looks like similar temps for the weekend; could be great! Camelback says they're saying open until at least Mar 31 and maybe April 6. If it stays colder at night like this it could be a great two weeks. Pretty amazing considering the almost complete lack of snow this winter.

Yes, I rode yesterday (friday) morning. The groom was great, but I have some comments. All the blue trails were fantastic, raceway, glen, even nile mile. I tried some of the blacks, including cliffhanger: they LOOKED really good, but they were bad. It's the kind of grooming where they just pushed a bunch of loose ice crystals/balls into a deceptive 4inch layer that breaks open when you hit it. So I would avoid anything steep. Otherwise, raceway was amazing (really fun with those rollers they have in there) and glen was good grooming, but I don't like how the trail is bowed in the middle. I have family stuff going on this weekend so I can't make it up to the mountain :(

That's been my take as well. The "bowed in the middle" on glen might be the result of repeated sloppy grooming. There were some bone-jarringly bumpy spots (running part way down) and some stealth jumps the last time I rode there, but if you overlook that (I try to) it's the best there usually. Raceway gets scary -- people come flying down from whatever that run above is and aren't looking. Instead they're imagining themselves in a ski racing movie. It was pretty nice Sunday morning but I left for safety reasons.

• 7 months later...

I believe Camelback still has the $199 pass deal. It's good after 3 PM weekends, I think all non-weekend holidays (check that), and all weekdays, AND all the time after March 1. I may supplement that with a "triple ticket" ($109 this year) for weekend mornings in Jan and Feb.

I missed the Blue sale, was sort of intending to do that so I could hit every weekend morning. Who's riding Camelback this season?