Note to New Members ×

Boots for a new Carver

Guest hopingforsnow

Guest hopingforsnow

Hey everyone,

Wanted to get your opinon on a new pair of boots for a new carver. I'm basically going to be freeriding and racing a little bit. I've narrowed my choice down to Suzukas and the Head Stratos boot. Just wanted to get your feedback as to which boot would be the better investment. I looked at the reviews page but also wanted to hear if anyone had any first hand experience. I like the Heads because they seem like they are better constructed with the metal buckles and you would get a better fit each time you used them instead of the plastic strap, but it seems like more people use boots made by Deeluxe. Any feedback would really help.

-Still hoping for more snow

HopingForSnow,

Sorry I can't help you with your boot selection, I ride with Burton Wind boots. I can say that if you live in NJ and plan on mostly riding local mountains, (Mountain Creek, Hidden Valley, Camelback, Shawnee, etc.) get a short board. It is very difficult to find uncrowded days in which you can turn any long board or board with a large sidecut radius. My largest board is a Rossingnal Race Vas 166 and I ride at MC. Only on uncrowded days do I bother to take it out. Good luck.

Guest dudleydudley

I'm a new carver and ride the Suzukas. I have no complaints about them, especially after I got them fitted properly. They are pretty damn stiff I must say, but not restrictive, if that makes any sense.

I haven't ridden any Head boots, so I can give you a comparison.