Note to New Members ×

WTB - TD3 3-hole (burton) discs

DonPablo

• 3 weeks later...
I have a pair of 3D-enabled center disks for my TD2s - the insert pattern looks like " ---=== " (I can take a picture later). Is this what you are looking for?

This is what I'm looking for. Are the center disks from the TD2 interchangable with the TD3?

attachment.php?attachmentid=28289&stc=1&d=1323584891

If this is what you've got, please PM me for my e-mail addy to send a Paypal Invoice to.

Thanks, Shawn

Here is a picture of the ones I have - they look like they'd work, but not sure if there are interchangeable... Someone on this forum will know for sure. What's a fair price for selling these?[ATTACH]32711[/ATTACH]

I'll take the TD2 disks if you're selling them, let me know your price. TD3 and TD2s use the same cant disk, the difference is the depth of the center disk, I will just need to covert to 16 mm bolts instead of 20 mm bolts.

So the difference between the TD2 and TD3 E-rings is 4.5 mm, so I just need to shim a TD2 disks 4.5 mm, I'm thinking something nylon would work well.

This is what I'm using now, filed out a notch in the middle holes, counter sunk them. Drilled third hole, added a 1/4" slab of aluminum, and counter sunk that.

Off board:

post-10456-1418423807_thumb.jpg

On board:

post-10456-141842380708_thumb.jpg

I hope no one copies this mod. This is not how they were engineered to be used. Get the proper center discs , not worth the risks.

Worth this risk for me, the alternative would be to look my snowboard instead of ride it. Not ideal, but the mod has been sound. And hence the purpose of this thread, to get the proper disks, which has proven to be an elusive task.

Looking at boards sucks. When I wake up every morning I get to look at Mammoth Mountain and my new slalom toy which I can't ride until my boots get warrantied, but it sure beats being injured. Personally, I wouldn't ride those. While you've spread out the force with your 1/4 inch piece of aluminum, it doesn't change the fact that the discs are paper thin there. Binding mods scare the crap out of me. Off the shelf bindings already break..I don't think it's prudent to add any extra risk of that happening, no matter how small. While I do think that your small boot size saves the center disc screws from a lot of leverage, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. At the very least I strongly recommend that you never sell those or let them out of your sight.

Your idea for shimming TD2 discs makes much more sense and that's the same way the TD2 suspension kit functions.

The site is showing these as in stock. I know the Sidewinder page inaccurately provided the same info about them being out of stock until November, but I was still able to add them to my cart and they showed up. http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/TD3-Center-Disk_p_52.html

Non existent! I wear a 27.5 with weight bearing footbeds.

Theo, how long until you get your boots back?

I keep my "Old favorites" or a spare set nearby at all times. For someone putting so much effort into "Living the Dream", it

might be worth your time/money to have a back up pair?

Perhaps make a post so local riders can help you out? Bryan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i am from Lisbon Portugal and i am looking desperatelly for some, 3 hole disks for the TD3 Bomber bindings.

I have 4 Hole kitt on my F2, but i want to switch to my Burton Factory Prime, that´s why i need these ones.

Michelle from Bomber told their run out of stock, and i dont mind buy used stuff. i pay by paypal!

Thanks, Tomaz

hi, i am from Lisbon Portugal and i am looking desperatelly for some, 3 hole disks for the TD3 Bomber bindings.

I have 4 Hole kitt on my F2, but i want to switch to my Burton Factory Prime, that´s why i need these ones.

Michelle from Bomber told their run out of stock, and i dont mind buy used stuff.

Thanks, Tomaz

goncalo.sporting@gmail.com

hi, i am from Lisbon Portugal and i am looking desperatelly for some, 3 hole disks for the TD3 Bomber bindings.

Michelle from Bomber told their run out of stock, and i dont mind buy used stuff. I pay by paypal

Thanks, Tomaz

goncalo.sporting@gmail.com