Note to New Members ×

Whistler Diaries 2012/2013

Gtanner

Nice, how many days u have under your board? My days as u can c on my signature still really really low :(

The Sun will show up start this Friday on Cypress if u change yr mind of Whistler then take Cypress for a change and its only 30 min ride from your place maybe less :)

Cheers

RT

I think I'm at 6 or 7 now.

As for this weekend, Friday is a possibility, but it depends on a few appoitnments I may have during the day.

Heading to Whistler for Family Day Monday... 50% off lift tickets if you are a BC local (or have an Edge card). I'm guessing it will be a mad-house...so I'm debating whether or not hardbooting would be a good idea. I tend to have more fun on two-planks when there are crowds.

Weather is looking sunny and clear for the weekend.

Rough day today. I ate it hard on the bottom of the GS run off Harmony and bruised my hip.

Then, while making slow, uniform slarves on another run, I got taken out by a straight-lining elderly lady skier. Worse part is she didn't even stop to acknowledge that she took somebody out while being fully aware of the fact. She even tried to ignore me when I caught up with her at the bottom of the lift. Sigh. I don't know what's worse, being taken out by an old lady, or admitting to wanting to throw down with said old lady. Wait, who am I kidding? She'd probably kick my ass, anyway.

Gord, I hope you fare better with the hordes on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of snow over the week. The mountain had the first break in the clouds in days and it seems to have brought out the hordes. Wait times anywhere were at least 20 minutes, horrible.

Stayed on Symphony for the whole day. The consolation was all that soft snow. Good day to test my legs on the bumps with the Coiler. It does great on the soft-pack and soft moguls but it tends to want to nose-dive if it gets too soft or deep.

• 2 weeks later...

March 9

Blue-bird awesomeness. Hard-packed fun.

I ended up skiing though since we were with some visiting friends. Had a good day and it was the right choice to be on two-planks since I had more fun while still handling the crowds.

I saw two funny things of note; two riders, one older, one quite young (maybe mid-20s), both riding early 90s Hooger boards, both with koflash hardboots (one green, one purple with pink laces)...and one guy using poles... and they weren't riding together...it was an odd sight. My wife saw one of the boards in the lift-line and whispered to me "that is so old-school"...I was so proud!

-Gord