Note to New Members ×

better board?

theboarderdude

I have two boards right now and need to sell one. I need some help decideding which board I should keep

1st is a 159 shannon melhuse pro ride, probably 4-5 years old.

2nd is a 164 liquid arc, a year old. rode once.

which would be better for racing, and which would be better for carving, aswell as value for both?

I'm 5'6", 125 lbs. both would be ridden with TD2s SI, blax boots.(which btw, where can I find reg heel screws for them?)

Thanks in advance, Drew

Those boards are very old and not worth much to sell. I demoed the shanon melhuse if that is a Rossi board? It was fun to ride. Those were made back in the 1990's I don't remember which year? The only liquid Arc I have looked at was at a swap meet a couple of years ago-very very stiff and wide? I have not ridden a liquid arc. I would think the Shannon Melhuse would be better as it would not be as stiff.Both boards could be used for carving or racing. I thought the liquid arc would be too stiff for me and I weigh 185-190. The boards would be better suited to sl racing rather than gs as they are short. If you want to be real competitive you would have to buy newer boards but you can race on anything if you want to. You will have to buy intec heels for your Blax boots if you want to use step in bindings? You would have to contact Bomber to find out if Blax boots are intec compatible?

Both of those boards are 10+ years old.

I haven't ridden the Liquid, so I can't comment. The Rossi is right flex for you, with the length and SCR closer to SL spec, but you certainly can do some GS on it too. For serious racing look at the modern titanal boards.

TD2 and especially SI are too stiff for your weight, for racing, or AM riding. At least add the suspension kit (or TD3 elastomer and center disk) to them and convert to standard bails. Still an overkill, though.