Note to New Members ×

New Donek video

evnewsphoto

Hi everyone, I know it's not fun to be asked to watch a video these days, especially if it's political! But I have a new commercial I just made for Sean and Donek, it will be part of a series about Donek and who they are and how they build the boards. I wanted to share with everyone here on Bomber because there is no better group of eyeballs for it. You don't have to buy a board from Sean (but I recommend you do!), just check out the story;

Everett McEwan

EM Productions

http://www.facebook.com/EverettMcEwanProductions?ref=hl

Bringing it to the masses is the idea, so spread it around! I am also planing on doing some videos about spreading the word of what carving on a snowboard is, as Fin has called it "Carving for Dummies." In my day job I make marketing videos for health care and it's all about placement and getting people who you would never think of to watch the videos, that's my goal now with this. If anyone has ideas about where to post videos to the joe schmo snowboarder or ex skier that has never seen what we do, please let me know, I always love getting the feedback. Stay tuned and glad you guys like it! Everett

PS we got snow at Loveland and they are opening another trail this weekend, that's where I'll be enjoying my new Revs in the morning!

Wow.........the tune has changed over at Donek!

I remember trying to work with Sean back in 2004. I had just spent the previous winter in Colorado with Team Summitt, and at that time the glass Doneks were the board the be on. A couple of my teammates we're on Doneks, and I tried a couple, LOVED them on the West coast/Colorado snow and the super wide terrain. So I figured I would buy a couple, but Donek would not let me change any of the specs off of their race shapes. It was a significant up charge to take a shape like a Thordike and change the width or a sidecut, and allot of " what the hell are you talking about responses . All I wanted to do was modify a Donek so it was a little more suitable for the narrower and harder packed trails found on the east coast. But like I said earlier, basically the whole USST was on them, so why listen or work with a $hitbum like me ? This probably has to do with why Coiler has had a starnglehold on the New England market, delivering on at least 100+ boards in the last 8 years.

I think it's ironic how easy Donek is to deal with these days and how customer friendly Donek has become.

It's good for our sport, and it would truly be something to see one of these on a world cup podium again.

Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !
auto spell $ucks

^ yeah buddy

snowboarg design is too complicated for anyone to understand so we all should give up now. One area that needs to be scientifically explored is of course snowboard color and the effect color has on performance. Everyone knows that shape and construction is all witchcraft and pseudoscience- we want performance we can see.

Hey Everett,

That's a great promo. You've got some great cuts that keep the viewer's attention and excellent dialogue that keeps the story flowing. Thanks for sharing!

This video really shows what it's like to work with Sean at Donek, who has been pouring his passion and engineering skills into his work. Sean's engineering, design, and technique have always impressed me. When I was racing on Donek boards, it was always with the highest confidence. Donek's partnerships with snowboard teams has led to serious breakthroughs in design through his careful engineering and attention to feedback.

-dysko