Note to New Members ×

all around freeride board, low 170s?

D-Sub

so...Im lookin to get myself just ONE all around FR board...might get some catek FRs, but for now I have Prestons...

want something that floats, carves decently, pops off hits well, is relatively light, and has a longer SCR

heh...anyone got a steepwater 171?

I have an Oxygen 168cm for 100$ bought it for a friends son and he decided on another board. It has been ridden one day.

No biggy, same as I paid for it from Tim C locally. Someone will want a "Not quite so big" pow board">

Thanks, Bryan

Sorry, smallest Rad-Air I had was the 182cm Tanker and they are all long gone. I have 4 brand news ones waxed and ready if we ever get any storms. 182,187,192 and 200cm , Haven't ridden the 187cm or the 182cm size before. Looking forward to that.

200cm is still the hands down fav.

Sunny today. No crowds at MHM, the couple inches helped but nothing to get excided about. Rode most of the day without seeing another alpine rider. Then ran into Jess from Portland on the last couple runs.

Almost turned south to Bend. Your 7" yesterday should have freshened things up good!

twas actually 9 on the hill. definitely nice but Id say dont bother this week

fckin crowds were just RIDICULOUS! I almost got hit 3 times (twice by the same fckin dude on the same fckin run!) and got conked in the head by some tourist broad droppin the bar without sayin anything. Rattled my teeth real good!

also...just watching people's behavior in the lines...grrrrr. One lady with her husband INSISTED on going in the singles line...cut right in front of me. Guy looked at me and shrugged. I just laughed!

anyway...back up tomorrow at 8 probably off the hill by 10:30 at the latest. Its just crazy!

re: tankers. Just seems like anything longer than low 170 would feel unruly. Im not the "quiver" type. Cant justify it, so one all rounder and one carver (well, heck..TWO for now)...

maybe this MLY would like soft bindings on it!

Cool, thanks for the update. I stopped by Timberline just for the hell of it. VERY Busy!! Much more so than MHM. Didn't look like Palmer was running (high winds up top). It was good to ride but still really sketchy. I think I will head down for Grand Prix , first week of Jan. or second if that isn't a good snow week.

Thanks, Bryan

Originally posted by D-Sub

fckin crowds were just RIDICULOUS! I almost got hit 3 times (twice by the same fckin dude on the same fckin run!) ....

anyway...back up tomorrow at 8 probably off the hill by 10:30 at the latest. Its just crazy!

Sounds like all the Portlanders are running to Bachelor since Hood has so little snow. A strategy I intend to employ in a couple weeks unless we get enough here to do some serious riding...

Originally posted by www.oldsnowboards.com

[bI stopped by Timberline just for the hell of it. VERY Busy!! [/b]

TLine wasn't bad on 12/24... very good coverage on upper and lower Palmer, there were rocks on Mile though. If they had Mile and Palmer closed due to wind today I would not want to be there, w/ only Pucci running.

Still haven't been to Meadows, waiting for some f'ing snow.

Originally posted by D-Sub

so...Im lookin to get myself just ONE all around FR board...might get some catek FRs, but for now I have Prestons...

want something that floats, carves decently, pops off hits well, is relatively light, and has a longer SCR

heh...anyone got a steepwater 171?

D-Sub -- I think what you need is a Salomon 450-171. Not many made or sold but it is an awesome board for your above specs. I have one so I know. One of my favorite FR boards. Good luck.

Mike, The Mile was running with folks on it. Palmer was MT.

I agree, had a really good day on Palmer last week. Grooming was better than usual. Felt good to rip them on the steeps.

Maybe first or second week of Jan at Bachelor?

Hopefully after or during some serious snowfall.

Later. Bryan

thanks C5. Will keep that one in mind.

bryan and mike...DEFINITELY wait til after the holiday weekend. Im gonna ride every day this week, but only from about 8-10:30 or 11 max

and B...if you come...bring one of them mans boards for me to try it if youre cool with sharing:)

Hey Dave, what boot size are you?

You are running 3/3 cants on the TD2s?

I am 29 mondo w intecs.

Approx. 20" center.

It is really cool if another rider can step on!

I have two of my best bros that can swap out boards

in seconds. Very handy.

Now with TD2s it is possible to swap bindings

quickly. 6 bolts and your done.

Just added a Nidecker 183 Tornado GS to the quiver.

Need to get the "BOX" built soon.