Note to New Members ×

Coiler 164 SL Titinal

Hollywood 90210

Coiler SL Titinal $400 plus shipping.

I took delivery of this board from Bruce Jan of 2010. It was made for me at 210lbs. Since I was 49 when this board was made, I feel this board would work well for an aggressive rider in the 180lbs range. The specs are 9M (nose)/ 11M (mid)/ 10M (tail). The waist width is 20cm. The side wall # are: T 164 SL 010GC1 7.1+4.5. There are some minor defects on the top sheet along the edges but these look to be purely cosmetic to me. There are also some scuff marks from bindings and a Vist plate. I would give the top a 7 out of 10. The bottom has a couple of lighter scratches (I think they would all come out with a grind) and the edges are razor sharp. This board has been ground twice at the Speed Factory (in Campton NH) and the edges have always been done by me. I usually stone the board out each night after riding and use the file only when necessary (there is a lot of meat left on these edges). The base bevel is 1 deg and the edges are at 3 deg (the nose and tail are not detuned). I give the base and edges a 8 out of 10. The board can be seen in this video http://vimeo.com/12141333 look at 1:16-1:21 and 3:46-3:58. This board is a fun free carve board, it works very well on ice and hard pack. I have raced it at the USASA level and it has served me well. I typically bring three boards to the mountain every day and ride 30-40 days a year. I am estimating this board to have about 20-30 half days on it. I will include a Bomber board sleeve with purchase (it’s not perfect but it is free).

post-259-14184236655_thumb.jpg

post-259-141842366545_thumb.jpg

post-259-141842366549_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent video. I am curious as to your height? I would not generally not consider a board of this length but after seeing video am considering adding to quiver. Dave does all my Board work and is the man. I am 5' 11" 220 riding 180 boards and question if this will work. Will shorter board work better hard pack/Ice??

Jeffrey Swift, I am about 5'11" myself and I ride 27 deluxe boots. I like the board and have had some really good days on it in very icy conditions. One day a friend and I were riding at Killington and it was very hard. I had just got the board back from Dave (Speed Factory) and it totally ruled the ice. We made several runs on Cascade on a day when almost no one was carving turns (skiers or boarders). The board was railing turns on the steep pitch and made the day. My new SL board that I just picked up from Bruce at USASA Nationals in Copper has the same exact shape. The only differences are the camber profile, the amount of decamber in the nose and tail and a Ptex top sheet. I can't feel these differences free carving but in a race course the new board is a little easier to pivot on the nose and release the tail at the end of a turn; the Ptex top makes the board a little damper.

Slopestar, I am pretty firm on the price but could do $375 you pay the shipping and insurance and I will clean the stickers off the tail. I am keeping it for anything less than that because it is so close to my race setup that in makes a great spare/trainer.

My email is glenn_chapman at comdel dot com

Edited by Hollywood 90210

Hollywood 90210; I am about 5'11" myself

I think you might stretching that dimension a little bit...............................Probably more like 5'10"

BTW, whoever ends up with this Coiler, the sun will always be out, and the trails will be perfectley groomed everyday. At $375 this price includes a bottled a spray on tanner !!

GFYS

It looks like the boad is sold; it is heading to sunny Waterville Valley NH to ride the perfectly groomed cord.

Mr John Deere,

5'11.75" when I was in my 20's, never crossed the 6' line. I may be shorter now due to the effects of gravity and age. Thats my story and I am stcking with it.