Note to New Members ×

Dirtsurfer

jacopodotti

I have a dirtsurfer, but haven't ridden it much for several years. It's one of the first generation ones, I think. It has a bicycle V-brake activated by leaning back (this works very well), and a dead-man brake that stops the board if you fall off (unnecessary in my opinion).

Pretty fun to ride, and due to the brake, it's much easier/less painful to pick up than longboarding, I just ran out of time to play with it. Having said that, I did ride it on the beach last weekend, and I want to go back with my toy kite to see if it's big enough to tow me (the winds on the coast here are consistently around 15-20 mph, but the kite is only about 1 square meter, maybe a bit less). I might also get it up to some of the local ski area access roads this summer - should be easy to get up to 30 mph or so on those roads, and there's very little traffic in the summer.

My wife learned to ride it on the beach last weekend, so hoping to get her to spend some more time on it too. :biggthump:biggthump