Note to New Members ×

Assistance wanted re: Late season quandry

guido591

For the past few years, I have been in the habit of ending the season with a trip to Mammoth during the first week of April. While I am aware of the fact that much can happen in a month, Mammoth has just not been looking splendid and I am wary of its promise for April. That said, Mt. Bachelor and Alyeska both have enormous base numbers. Any suggestions or comments on the suitablility of these during that time frame? Thanks.

Bachelor does not have an enormous base... somewhat below average for late Feb, if I am not mistaken. Having said that, This feels like one of those seasons where the calendar turns to spring, and it dumps like crazy.

I have little doubt there will be plenty of snow during April here, but planning anything in April is risky, you never know what weather you'll get. Sun and carving? Heavy snow? Rain? It can all happen.

Bachelor does not have an enormous base... somewhat below average for late Feb, if I am not mistaken. Having said that, This feels like one of those seasons where the calendar turns to spring, and it dumps like crazy.

I have little doubt there will be plenty of snow during April here, but planning anything in April is risky, you never know what weather you'll get. Sun and carving? Heavy snow? Rain? It can all happen.[/QUOT

Thanks. While it may be below normal, it seems significantly greater than most anything else.

Whistler Blackcomb... good snow coverage...

go to this page and see "compare acreage"

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/mountain/maps/index.htm

Last year they had 180 inches of snow fall in March and April alone, 622 inches total.

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/stats/index.htm

April is always good up there... that is why I go there every year also- 1 or 2nd week of April.

Edited by C5 Golfer