Note to New Members ×

Sunday at Snow Summit 02/12

AaronG

Monday it snowed all day, probably 2" when I left at 3pm. Conditions were very good for carving.

On a side note: I made some significant changes to binding placement and angles, and after only 8 days on a carving board, I am finally making some major progress. Stoked!

Edited by Gcarve

Just out of curiosity, what did you change?

First, I moved my front binding to 55, rear to 50 (had been up to 62 fr, 60r at one point). Then I changed the back binding lift to 3 from 6. Next I moved both bindings forward approximately 3 inches (as they were too far back from where I had them previously). Last but not least I narrowed my stance by 2". I've been playing around with my setup quite a bit the last 4 times I've ridden, and have dialed in a setup that for the first time feels right on the snow. Heck, I'm even carving clean lines with my UPZ's in walk mode (which I could never have done prior to my current s/u).

Just a warning based on my experience.. Boots in walk mode can hurt your ankles pretty badly in a fall or with chatter. Support is safe.

Thanks for the info. I only rode in "walk" mode by accident a few times before I noticed, and then relocked my UPZ's into ride mode.