Note to New Members ×

New find...

hyak.net

Found this board last night at the local Goodwill. I'm always searching the goodwill stores for vintage snowboards but this is my first race board I've found. Looks like it has never been used.....and cost a grand total of $9.95. I've had a good year at goodwill stores this winter finding some good vintage stuff. Too bad it wasn't longer, but I guess it will fit the wall better (lol).

6838610145_9828c64bf8_z.jpg

I've been collecting them. This year, goodwill has produced the following boards for my collection:

Rossignol VAS 159

Nitro Diablo 178

Nitro Pyro 155

Barfoot "Jon Boyer" pro model

Colorado Snowboards 163 (crazy graphic design)

Gnu Pharaoh

and off of shopgoodwill.com I was the only bidder on a HyArc. Snagged it for $7.95

and it was for 'local pickup only'. Also found a couple good sets of baseless bindings. I've never tried them before so one of these days, possibly vintage day at Hyak I'll give them a try. The Barfoot was the most expensive at $29 but well worth it. All came with bindings too.

Edited by hyak.net

I had that Rossi as my first board. I think mine was a 153, its across country now so I can't check. It was a bit of a pig from what I remember. Really wide and not too quick edge transition. I love that they made a symmetric board asymmetric. I believe you were supposed to be able to change the V.A.S to either side depending on your orientation, though I believe they made the weights for either stance. I think those have been swapped as I believe mine angle inline with the binding.