Note to New Members ×

burton quick disc?

DiveBomber

no, they cannot be locked.

I am not sure if they would hold up to plates, but they were mainly used on rental boards. and have been around for quite a while now. our local mountain had them at least 5 years ago, if not more... they no longer use them, they use a different system

i think the primary purpose was to be able to take bindings on and off without tools in a rental shop setting

there was usually some play in the system

the plates would have to be the same thickness/height as the soft bindings these were made to work with,

when i worked with them, they were not that great, any sort of dirt or grit from boots that got in made it harder to open or close, also, they generally froze and were hard to operate once there was any kind of snow in them

Looks like Jake is working for the thieves now.Can they be locked down?

Those things are used all the time on rentals. They don't seem to have a theft problem. I always figure my alpine setup makes my stuff pretty undesirable. There just aren't that many people out there who even know what the thing is, let alone want to steal it.....