Note to New Members ×

Catek FR2 Pro Limited / Carbon

kmartshopper

Selling a set of Catek FR2 Pro Limited (Nidecker carbon highback and straps).

If you're looking, you probably know what they are so I'll skip the details - hit up the catek site for more info.

Size large. 4x4 disks.

They are in very good condition. I bought them new in 08', but they've seen very little use - maybe 5 days a year. I start the day on hardboots, then switch over later when I want to relax, but I always end up switching to my more forgiving stuff. So these (on a Donek wide) rarely saw the snow.

See the pics to for condition. Only a few nicks and slight wear. I took closeups of the only two spots that could cause you any displeasure. One is a wear spot on the inner strap. The other is a small cosmetic spot where the black foam on the highback peeled back and I trimmed it off so it wouldn't spread.

Here are bigger pics: CatekFR2ProLimitedPics

Would love to get $299.9999999!

post-1695-141842357802_thumb.jpg

post-1695-141842357808_thumb.jpg

post-1695-141842357812_thumb.jpg

How do you like the bindings?

Pros, Cons etc

I am very interested in this binding but does not know much about them.

I get they are very adjustable and base plate looks very well crafted but the highbacks and straps does not look very special.

I looked around but it is hard to find user review on these.

They are the best bindings for softboot carving that I've tried. I really like the heel lift so I don't need as much forward lean in my softboots. The leverage from the effective rise, plus the clearance and adjustability really let you dial things in.

I don't know how much better the carbon and straps are than the base model, but they are very comfortable and high quality.

The only con I found was that there are a lot of screws, that you really should check periodically so they don't come loose. Loc-tight helps - especially on the toe assembly, which tends to loosen easily due to it's design.

@ srodeo

These bindings are sweet for soft boot carving. The cant and lift options are great but they need to be periodically checked for loose screws. The front highback is canted or twisted towards the nose which is nice. Depending on how far you move them forward, it would have been nice if those were a little more adjustable but overall these are awesome.