Note to New Members ×

Set ups for 13 year old 100 lb/5'6"

garyj

E bay is the best place to watch for equipment for lighter riders. Burton made an FP that was 146cm, and Oxygen made a number of 121 - 147 boards for a few years in the mid 90's. Good news is that his feet are probably big enough now to use regular bindings, boots will be the challenge. We used soft ski boots for my son until his feet were about a men's 7, then we got him into Raichles. It's hard to find boots in the smaller sizes, especially when you think that they will grow out of them in one season.

Guest Todd Stewart

Probally the best boots for him would be an old pair of raichles, he shouldn't have much of a problem flexing those. As far as boards go, Hot makes some pretty decent boards that shouldn't be too stiff for him. Aswell many lightweight riders find cateks and bomber binding too stiff compared to other bindings on the market.

That I'm going to be selling soon. They're all new/unused, but several model years old. I've got 3 Proton's and 1 KR model. The base and edges are in excellent condition and the topsheets range from o.k. to great. $50.00 a piece plus $20.00 shipping will put one in your quiver.....

Thanks,

Paul

You might also want to post a WTB (Wanted to Buy) on the classifieds section if you have not already. Also, what is his shoe size? That would be impotant to get something close in his boot size. I just saw a cheap Rossi alpine board on eBay, item number 7122615713, (not mine). It has soft bindings, but so what. Either tell the guy to keep them, or sell them on eBay after you get them. The board is certainly cheap enough. Yes, the auction has a long way to go before it ends, but as Chris Houghton mentioned, and I will back his opinion on this, eBay is a great palce to look for lighter riders looking for intro gear. This week in particular is a great time on ebay to score GREAT deals, as anything that could possibly sell wouldn't make it in time for X-mas, so therefore most people are so wrapped up in the holiday by now that traffic and interest on eByay wanes the closer you get to the 25th. 25th thru the 1st is holiday time, and skiers/snowboarders are out using their gesr at this point. I do my fair share of selling from time to time on eBay, and if I have not listed what I want to sell by the 9th of December, for a 1 week auction, I won't list again until January 7th.

Thanks for the insight guys. I really need to spend more time on ebay. My bigest problem is that this kid is growing fast! I will be lucky to get 2 years out of one board (I don't want to go too big because he is only 100lbs).

Paul the oxygens sound good. The 149 length would be a one season board before he grows, and the price is right! I'm not familiar with the oxygen line. I will learn more about them and let you know if I am interested. Thanks again and happy carves.

Gary