Note to New Members ×

Complete BX setup (F2 WC Eliminator + Catek FR1 + Salomon Malamute)

piusthedrcarve

11id9if.jpgesqova.jpgfbcj7k.jpg2j1ub20.jpg2a7a23c.jpg

09-10 F2 Eliminator WC 165 - I bought this from BOL member here last year and rode 2 times on it. Previous owner's description is here.

Risers marks on topsheet but edge and base is excellent. FAST and stable. SOLD

Catek FR1 This bindings are my go-to binidngs for softboot setup. Upgraded with Nidecker 900 straps on toe & ankle. Even though it's size medium, I used on my M29 Malamute boots without no problem. I liked the infinite adjustment of FR1 on softboots setup since it can be adjusted for variety of courses (parks and jumps) SOLD

Catek Bindings Spacers - I like to use these spacers on all of my titanial (metal) boards for protection. Especially, this BX setup, this was obvious between FR1 & Titanial WC Eliminator. SOLD

Salomon Malamute M29 - Used less than 10 times due to riding hardboots mostly. But whenever I get chances to ride on softboots, this is my choice over Burton Driver X. Stiff and well made. Excellent condition. US 11.5, 29 cm. Although I ride on M28 hardboots, I use M29 Malamute since Salomon runs little small IMO. SOLD

For complete setup, Free shipping for CONUS.

Edited by piusthedrcarve
Update on status

• 2 weeks later...

*Bump* for a GREAT set-up. I just saw this gear while picking up the Malamute boots last night...and if i didn't already have a BX board (Palmer Crown)- i'd have swiped this up. Who knows...i might still be interested after i get back from Colorado if he still has it.

Pius is a stand-up guy with as much tech-knowledge and "help a new guy out" attitude as anyone i've ever met in the hard-booting community- and i've been to an ECES. I highly encourage anyone in the DC/MD/VA area who wants to be "schooled" to seek him out.

Excuse-me I didn't specified, I was talking about the Catek FR1, I think they have upgrade to FR2 in 2007 or so ? So they are 2006 or less ?

Could be interested, you are willing to sell them separately ?

thanks

Yes. I will. Just bindings or with Catek spacers?

I'm not sure what year this FR1 is. OS2 came out on 06, I believe. So yeah Fr1 would be prior of 07.

If no one buys catek binding and spacers, I'd like to buy them. Will you ship to NEw Zealand?

So far, many has been asked but no one committed. So if you want them, they're yours. I just checked USPS to get a quote and it appears $53.85 with Insurance using USPS Priority. I will PM you for payment instruction.

올 시즌은 눈이 많이 오는 뉴질랜드이길 바랍니다. ;)

How stiff is the eliminator?

I currently ride 164cm Burton Custom X and 168cm Ride Yukon (wider Timeless).

If you've ridden either one of these, how does F2 compare to them (stiffness, edge to edge, edge hold, faster base etc). Thanks

I haven't ridden any of Burton or Ride. My stance is always setup as carving specific if I am not at Bordercross course. So my feedStiffness: Stiff.. most stiffest board that I ever tried with softboots. I tried many BX boards like Dreamraider or Nidecker NBX. Edge to Edge I felt that faster than ATV although f2 wc is 1.4 cm wider due to speed I get from this board. It likes to go fast. and it will shine more when it got some speed due to its stiffness and dampness. If you haven't tried a board with titanial layers, try one. it cuts through bumps/cruds instead of riding them. And longer effective edge length from decambered/hammerhead like nose gives early initiation and stable turns on edges.

I've been looking for a pair of Catek FR2's, at the same time I've kept a close eye on your FR1s. My interest has been rapidly growing, not only for the FR1 but also for the F2 Eliminator WC. I assume they are still available, if so lets talk. Do you have any more photos of the FR1?

I've been looking for a pair of Catek FR2's, at the same time I've kept a close eye on your FR1s. My interest has been rapidly growing, not only for the FR1 but also for the F2 Eliminator WC. I assume they are still available, if so lets talk. Do you have any more photos of the FR1?

Yup. Surprisingly, they're still available.

I may have some more in my other computer. Please PM me with your email address.