Note to New Members ×

Madd 170.. 1st Ride.... Worth the Wait?

Mellow Yellow

All I can say is a resounding YES!

I took a 195 Donek, 176 Speedster and the Madd 170 today...First couple runs I took on the Madd today were sketchy to say the least.... until I decided to put my weight a bit forward.... holy crapola... I'm not going to go into detail.... because everything I've read about these boards... is true... the board did everything I wanted it to do... feel free to ask questions... I'll try to answer as best I can... oh... the other boards were very lonely today..!

~Jasen

Would the 158 give me that tight turnability in a crowded snowpark and still hold edge on icey boilerplate? ....icerider in western pa.

I can't say.. as I've not ridden a 158....

I was able to thread the 170 without issue..... someone with the 158 will probably answer your question!

Sidenote--> I'm going to try to make the Peak during the week after Xmas.. (?maybe Shred, Helmet, others will be there 2?)... I'll let you know!

Originally posted by Mellow Yellow

All I can say is a resounding YES!

I took a 195 Donek, 176 Speedster and the Madd 170 today...First couple runs I took on the Madd today were sketchy to say the least.... until I decided to put my weight a bit forward.... holy crapola... I'm not going to go into detail.... because everything I've read about these boards... is true... the board did everything I wanted it to do... feel free to ask questions... I'll try to answer as best I can... oh... the other boards were very lonely today..!

~Jasen

Mellow Yellow,

Since I got interested in all of these boards, what's the difference between riding these longer boards and this relatively short Madd 170. I think that the longer boards will have more speed and can stay there longer at the end of it. As the Madd will have more acceleration but lower endspeed? Just my thoughts.

Greets, Hans.

A few of us will be passing you on I-90 as we go through Erie to the Peak on Sunday Morning. will ride to about Noon then head home with the usual stop in Erie at Quaker Steak and Lube!

Probably back up on the 24th then to the SVES at Seven Springs on the 28th to meet up with Mellow!

Drop a line to stay in the Carving Zone!

Right Said Shred