Note to New Members ×

Oxygen APX 158 @ 190lbs?

Jambot

I recently acquired an Oxygen 158 apx, brand new (other than binding marks) never waxed. If it was used I'd it and give it a spin for kicks to see how it takes my 190lbs(if it ever snows:(). I hate to take it's virginity away just to find out it rides too short for me. Has anyone ridden these at the VERY top of the weight range? The only real Alpine boards I've ridden are a Rossi 159 and a Burton Amp 160. I didn't really like the rossi because the SCR seemed to big for the length. The Amp is mellow and fun as long as I don't overdrive the nose. Seems like the apx and Amp have about the same dimensions but the apx is stiffer. That should make it a better fit? Of course my go to softboot board for 4-5 years has been a WS Tom Burt 172 so I'd probably be better

off with a 170+ but these 159's keep finding me. :confused:

Thanks

I'm exactly your weight and have a 165 with 10.5 scr. It's definitely softer feeling but never felt it was a noodle. I'd used it as my laid back board for when I wanted to dial it back. You'll probably notice it has less pop than a Factory Prime or similar but it's still responsive. I also found it to be a good crud board (perhaps due to wider waist) for end of day however it was surprisingly grippy on ice. Hope that helps.

( for my nieghbor snowrider )

I saw one of these down at Play it Again Sports in Stoneham the other day.

It's low on the shelf and has soft bindings on it. I forget the price but it was cheap.

Bring old ski/board stuff to trade the price down.

I also have an FR167 you can have for free if you want.

(For Jambot )

You already have it, try it out. Probably be a great small hill board and hey it's new.

( for my nieghbor snowrider )

I saw one of these down at Play it Again Sports in Stoneham the other day.

It's low on the shelf and has soft bindings on it. I forget the price but it was cheap.

Bring old ski/board stuff to trade the price down.

I also have an FR167 you can have for free if you want.

(For Jambot )

You already have it, try it out. Probably be a good small hill board if it's not too beat.

I'll take if you don't want it