Note to New Members ×

Southern Ontario Session 2012 (SOS)

csquared

This is a special invitation to join us at the Osler Bluff Ski Club on January 26 for Southern Ontario Session 2012.

If you ride alpine snowboard gear, this event is for you. This event is organized to celebrate everything that we love about alpine snowboarding: the people, the camaraderie, the gear, and the sensation. After having attended a number of the US events including the Summit Expression Session and the East Coast Expression Session where I ran into many Ontario riders, I realized that it was time we had an event of our own. The first event started with 15 riders on a Saturday at Osler Bluff in 2005. Last year's event attracted over 60 riders and most of the original 15 were on hand. SOS has enjoyed success because riding together and sharing our passion for this sport is such a rare pleasure. The bigger the event gets, the better it seems to get. So I am keen to attract every one of the hard core riders that are out there in Ontario (and beyond).

For those that have never heard of the event, you can expect a day of

memorable runs with terrific riders who are interesting people. There is no competitive angle to the event, it is just about having fun in the best spirit of snowboarding. You'll have a chance to share your passion with others, learn from others by riding with them, catch up on the latest gear, and possibly test ride some of the latest equipment (Coiler, YYZ Canuck, and Apex Sport make regular appearances at the event). Perhaps one of the most exciting things is seeing a dozen or more riders ripping the hill beneath you as you ride back up the lift. If you have never ridden Osler, you will undoubtedly find many runs that are almost purpose-made for our sport and grooming that will have you riding like a god. Ability is no object to participation and every year brings more new riders who learn a lot from the event. The ladies will be interested to know that there is a solid and growing core of serious women who make it to the event. The emphasis is on conducting an exciting and safe session.

Interested? Great! You can contact me through my profile and let me know that you want to attend. I will let you know further details by e-mail.

• 2 weeks later...

Cam:

Good judgement getting the day off. Now all you need to do is e-mail me through my profile which you can find under Members List in the header bar above. Look for me listed as 'csquared'. Send me your full name so that I can get you on the liast for tickets and I will do the rest.

A big thanks to those that helped put on another fun event this year. Thanks to Dave and Andrea at YYZ Canuck as well as Henry at Apex Sport for sponsoring the event once again. :biggthump

And of course, thanks to Chris for organizing the event at Osler... get well soon!

Gabe

Thanks to all for attending. It was another memorable day.

Thanks to our sponsors YYZ Canuck and Apex Sport for hosting the Apres.

And special thanks to Peter Halsall, Dr. John Vu, and Gabe Tung for taking care of me in a problematic situation.

Don't forget to wear your helmets.