Note to New Members ×

lack of 225 waist board selection?

DiveBomber

So Ive been browsing for a 167 225 waist board freecarve/AM type board, but i've noticed there are few new or used boards in that.

can anyone list some boards that fit that description? Id rather not have a board custom build since it will be too much for a board thats going to get beat.

I've found that narrower doesnt work as well for all mtn and wider doesnt carve as well, (at least for me it puts in binding angles in that "dead spot")

If you can find a Sims CON 166 they are great. Tight sidecut as well, something around 9.5 or 10. 27/21.5/25 and floats in pow well with that wide albeit low profile nose.

Designed by Mark Fawcett and uses a Volkl wood core. Wicked board. Not quite as wide as you said but because of the sidecut and wide nose it's still very good off the groomers.

Burton Speed 168/225

I know a guy in Austria that has some new one left from the Burton closet in Innsbruck.

Usually 100 euro shipped to Italy.

If interested please send me a PM and I'll give you the email address.

I got one for 120 euros with shipping to Greece last week,so i think i overpayd for it,damn it!

Donek Blade 170. Stock version is 22.5cm at the waist. Although it's a square tail if that matters.

Or, http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boards/Swoard.cfm

Or cowboy up and go custom. Coiler, Donek and Prior operators are standing by. You're in a niche with that waist preference.

I think that its weird actually. I mean there used to be many boards in the 225 waist, such as the PJs, F2 El diablo/speedcross and other "freecarve" boards.

What I find odd from the MFG's such as prior donek etc.. most pro riders in GS are riding 200-205 waist, yet the "standard" waist on their production boards is 195.

So there seems to be a shift to +5 to +10mm in width but the more available MFGs aren't following it.

But also can't see spending so much on whats little more than a hardboot version of a freeride board. (when freeride boards go for at little as a couple hundred bucks) especially when you know the board is going to get beat.

You know, I see that Nidecker metal board on bomber, and think if they made a freecarve board similarly and for the same price I'd be interested (and if their GS board was 202-205 waist I'd be interested in that too)

(Ski companies have been using metal in skis since the 60's, you can buy all types of ski with metal in them for reasonable prices(I couldnt care less if its "titanal" or not) So if i got a custom board made then id have to add metal and then the price is just ridiculous.)

Heck maybe I should just take a freeride board thats in the ball park, and use a split board kit to get the width I want!:AR15firin