Note to New Members ×

171cm Steepwater Plow

D.T.

I am selling a 171cm Steepwater Plow for a friend. The board is used but in good condition. The Steepwater website is no longer supported so I do not know the exact specs. Waist is around 25.4cm, SCR is just over 11m – this is one of the best-carving softie boards ever made. The boards were made with little camber, so that the rider would not have to fight for edge contact in steep terrain. The board is stiff and has lots of pop!

IMG_0854.jpgIMG_0855.jpg

There are binding marks on the topsheet. The base has been dripped in a couple places (dripped not base-welded!)

IMG_0857.jpg

There is one spot on the tail where the topsheet and top layer of glass were damaged when the board fell over. I will epoxy and clamp this spot prior to shipping the board.

IMG_0858.jpg

There is mild lift-line rash all over. This spot is the worst.

IMG_0859.jpg

There was surface rust on the edges. This is what they look like after ~5 minutes with a gummy stone. All indications of rust will be gone after a day of riding or after a light tune.

Price $200 + shipping - obo

Thanks to another BOL member, here are the specs from Steepwater

171 Plow

Our flagship board for the strong, aggressive freerider. This board has won more freeride contests than all other boards combined in the last two years. Two widths for medium and large size feet.

Steepwater 171 Plow Board Specs

Effective Edge: 137 cm

Waist Width: 25.5 cm

Nose Width: 29.9 cm

Tail Width: 29.3 cm

Sidecut Radius: 11.36 m

Stance Setback: 2.1 cm

Inset Pattern: 8 Pack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Have you ridden this? Any chance you or your friend (or anyone else) have ridden either a Winterstick Tom Burt or ST(Severe Terrain) also? If so how would this compare?

Thanks

The Plow used to be mine and I currently own a Tom Burt. At my weight, 210-lbs sans gear, the longer nose on the TB does a better job keeping me on top of the snow. Both are very diverse, great riding boards. The Plow is built with less camber so that you get full edge engagement without storing tons of energy. Don't get me wrong, if you work the Plow, you will easily get airborne transitions. I think the Plow s faster edge-to-edge. The Plow also feels heavier which is most likely due to core being noticeably thicker.

• 3 weeks later...