Note to New Members ×

Dec 17/18 weekend

Allee

Got my first day in today. Took my 7 and 10 year old daughters to Sunridge just to get thier stances tuned in. They keep getting taller and thier feet keep getting bigger what's up with that?

Anyways they are both riding softies and picked it up again pretty quickly, riding the hardest stuff there. Great news for me as I'll be charging runs in the mountain I can actually carve aggressively on this year.

Hill got a little crowded at times but wasn't to bad, snow was softer with occasional icy spots, but no big deal for a hardboot set-up. I had the Coiler Schtubby out. I've been taking an MBA part time and working full time which has seriously curtailed my ability to exercise over the last four months. The end result is my ass is about 10% heavier this year, thank god for step-ins :rolleyes:.

Anyways first run, was how, the f- do I turn this, run was narrow, and even narrower due to race team taking up close to half of it. Second run i realized with my extra weight I could make the Schtubby into a slalom board at will. So it actually worked out pretty well. As I stepped onto it I swear I could hear it say "OMG my camber"

Roox you can tell that 187 WCRM that my cinnamon bun eating ass is coming for it.

didnt make it to sunshine, ended up at Nakiska.. Snow was pretty crazy today.

I had the Prior ATV out and it was pretty happy with the conditions, the wife somehow was rocking it out with not to many issues on her 156 rossi slalom board. We even hit the Glades for a few runs and she was laughing her ass off.

I took a pretty good rock hit to one of my edges, it kinda looks like a saw blade in a 1/2" section now, that sucked.

Gotta figure out the best way to get that edge fixed up.

other than that, was a pretty epic day for early season piste powder.

Best way is to knock the edge down with a diamond file. It hardens quite a bit due to the impact and a file will just make more of a mess. Take it nice and easy, and try not to make a W shape by scooping on either side of the ding. If you're using a file guide, orient the diamond file parallel to the board edge rather than more perpendicular to try to avoid that situation. Lots of water or whatever for cutting lubricant and it'll be all polished out in a few minutes!