Note to New Members ×

Gilmour giving up beachfront home for Mountains of Aspen.

John Gilmour

Heading back to Aspen. DJ'ing the Snow Polo championships this weekend- I DJ'ed the 2009 World Snow Polo Championships too,

I'm a bit out of shape.. but a few days out there should fix that.

Who's up for riding? I hope to get a replacement Kessler under my feet this year..and save up for a UFC too. Ray finally got me on a UFC and I really enjoyed it.

So who's riding Aspen this year?

Heading back to Aspen. DJ'ing the Snow Polo championships this weekend- I DJ'ed the 2009 World Snow Polo Championships too,

I'm a bit out of shape.. but a few days out there should fix that.

Who's up for riding? I hope to get a replacement Kessler under my feet this year..and save up for a UFC too. Ray finally got me on a UFC and I really enjoyed it.

So who's riding Aspen this year?

Well, I have to assume our ways will cross each other during the first quarter of '12 ;)

Cheers,

Ray

PS. Darn, and I thought it would be a quite/peaceful time on the mountain this season :D

I am a loudspeaker distributor for the best sounding dynamic loudspeakers I have ever heard.... sounds insane...but they are a bargain at 9-10K the pair (think of buying a Madd 170 and 158 for $850 each- it seemed expensive at the time but for those who have been riding the same 158 for 18+ years...it's actually a great deal)...and their big brother speaker is more $- with a super flagship on the way. My territory is Malibu to San Diego. It's a dream job for the off season. It's tricky finding the right dealers- but I will find them. I'll try to hit CES this year too.

So I might (just might) be back on Socal Snow for the tail end of Mountain High and Snow Summit. A couple SoCal people have emailed and called- so I'll likely take some time slots late season but they will be limited to about 6- 10 days total.... unless I get a good posse going- or a ongoing afternoon DJ gig in combo at a mountain. Those SoCal'ers wanting to come to Aspen on the cheap... I can get you cheap flights about $150 each way and airport pick up.

My car stereo project is also off the hook- in typical Gilmour over the top fashion. With custom crossovers being made by the same manufacturer- no holds barred on quality or price. A custom fitted fiberglass and carbon fiber z-box for the sub ( the only one ever made for the w124 chassis AMG hammer- all others were made in Europe for Porsche), iPad control with McIntosh app, and 1400 watts of McIntosh power- McIntosh meters in the center console, and a 720p HD 3D projector. The best Nakamichi head unit with a remote controlled pre-amp. It all pulls out in under 2 minutes for use in a home- or for DJ use -or as a "on snow" 12 volt system. Of course my mixer connects to it....

And I actually have a market in SoCal for odd cars like that. Plus I host Southern California's high end headphone meets.

So despite my love for Aspen......it's just a seasonal fitness retreat.

Time to get a set of Hardboots this season.

Ray...as we get older we get better.. I actually went to a gym a few days ago and did a 25 minute workout- first one in 2 years. Just a little at a time......... I'll need some ankle and calf advice from you to prevent a muscle tear of the soleus and gastrocnemius and dual ankle sprain like last year.......I can't have that happen ever again....no more long recoveries like that one.

Ray that avatar of mine is from the day you and I got that photographer to follow the 3 of us...all badly under exposed shots.. I want some pivotheads for X-mas.. unless there is something better.