Note to New Members ×

Hardboots for those with yeti sized feet

bigmike13

Head Stratos pro are your best bet.

I have pretty wide feet, I've tried Burton, UPZ, Rachlie, Delux etc and Head's were, hands down, the best fit for me.

If you have size 12 feet you are likley a 29 Mondo, I squeaked down to a 28.5with custom foot beds, liners and some fairly extensive boot work.

My $0.02

K

Welcome, getting well fitting boots is the first step.

1. Find out your mondo size. Here's a link

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/Sizing_boots.pdf

2. Boots - the three current brands fit differently

Deeluxe - Narrow in the toe wider in the heel

UPZ - Wide toe box narrow heel

Heads - Higher volume overall.

I've used UPZs and Deeluxes but the head comment is what I've picked up on here.

3. Realize that if you are getting spot pressure on your feet you can have areas of the boot shell pushed out by a bootfitter to change the shape of the shell so it better fits your foot.

Cheers,

Dave

I weigh 250 lbs (not much less) and I have probably 4 seasons on my current pair, shells are worn but totally functional, replaced two instep buckles, thats about it.

I probably ride 25 1/2 days and 20 -25 (9-2 or 3 pm) full days a year.

I have back ups as I have heard they're no longer producing the boot.

What Big Canuck said. I'm 220 lbs and I ride (agressively) 30+ days a year on my gear. I'm starting to split that number between two boots as I bought a softer set of HB for for AM riding.

My UPZ RTRs have three years on them, and I can't see why the shells wouldn't go for another three or more years. Liners might need replacement before that.

You will get far more life out of a hardboot than out of any softboot regardless.

Dave

UPZ is sorta widish, go long and you might get a good fit, consider an aftermarket liner that is all thermofit and will squish down; he factory liner is not as "squishable".

Do the linerless fit first, ie put your foot in the shell with the liner removed. If you get a fit that allows for a liner fill on either side of your foot, then you're golden. Length, well, you gotta a fat foot so that's the price you pay :D