Note to New Members ×

Winter's coming, very excited, tuning up boards?

Da Hooger Booger

Hi guys, i'm in college now and so will unfortunately only be able to carve a few times this year.

I want to ask all the veteran trench diggers here what kind of excercises/muscles i should be focused on to get ready for the next great season of hardbooting! I've finally hopped on the hardbooting train last season for half of it and finally got used to the movements and learned alot by self teaching. I can finally lay trenches deep on both heelside and toeside.

I also want to ask about tuning boards. Obviously tuning represents an important facet of hardbooting and it came to my attention that the family ski shoppe my whole family went to to get their ski's and my board tuned ($25 special...) does a fairly shabby job. They pretty much just get young teens to run it through a belt waxer a couple times then take a layer of metal off the edges with a belt surfacer. No honing whatsoever.

I want to do my own waxing and sharpening myself. Can you guys point me to some guides of where to start? I would appreciate your input.

Merry Christmas, Winter is coming!

Edit: Jack, works now! Thanks alot for the prompt-ness.

oh yeah, lunges, wallsits, and more lunges. One of the the other amazingly effective workouts is jumproping if done properly. Skip to 1.29 where she shows doing two and two. This is one of the best cardios you can do.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsWui2L_r2c?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsWui2L_r2c?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Yeah thinking logically here the cutting or leading edge of the board is the only portion which is affected by angle of grinding, as the upper portion seems to be there for rigidity only. I applied Vaseline to my edges when i put my board away to protect from rust. To me the leading or cutting edge would just require a flat honing but maybe a very steep angle chamfer? This seems to be alot like valve seat grinding! You want to get the perfect seat location and angle.

As to the workout vid, well, kinda feel a little emasculated cause it's a chick. Mind you, nothing ventured nothing gained i suppose. So, thanks.

People still listed to the prodigy? haha j/k I prefer Disturbed, basically the whole "Down with the Sickness" album when I work out. Funny thing is I'll listed to Norah Jones when I snowboard...don't judge me.

Anyways, you're on track with the deep knee bends, basically one leg squat into runners stance and back up, 20 reps then switch legs. Then wall sits.

Here is a guy with his shirt off jump roping, is that better? bwahahaha

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ1zB6xVMcc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ1zB6xVMcc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Well i just started smoking unfiltered Pall Malls again, cardio is suffering but i find if i remember to breath right i'm just fine with most cardio workouts. I usually start with cardio, pushups, then weights, situps, more weights, then bench pressing.

I'm going to go pick up some wax and i have a small grit hone at home to smooth out the edges.

Well i just started smoking unfiltered Pall Malls again,

You are in College?? What the??

Dude, Really? You are 18 yrs old, in college and think that STARTING smoking unfiltered cigarettes is a good plan?

From your CP

Raichle (they're up on a shelf, too lazy to pull them down and find out how it's actually spelt) rear entry boots (3 ratcheting straps)

Now early 2000's modern ski boots... Again too lazy to pull them down.

Well i just started smoking unfiltered Pall Malls again, cardio is suffering but i find if i remember to breath right i'm just fine with most cardio workouts. I usually start with cardio, pushups, then weights, situps, more weights, then bench pressing.

I'm going to go pick up some wax and i have a small grit hone at home to smooth out the edges.

Talk about an oxymoron :freak3: