Note to New Members ×

couple questions from a new guy...

tjones

hehehe nah I don't have a misconception regarding the speeds I don't think... I personally don't have any wish to fly down the mountain either, didn't mean to state that you guys necessarily did ( carving (without going ridiculously fast) is why I got interested in what you all already find fun)... my comment was more a point of what happens when I try and exceed the capabilities of my board.... which doesn't take a whole lot (heh)... But then again, my "too fast", to a guy who loves speed, is likely just a brisk pace *lol*... and of course, once you *start* sliding, which for me, is dependent on my speed vs. the snow condition, as past a certain point I simply can't hold the edge, it becomes difficult to bleed off the speed without putting real effort into doing so... which then totally scrubs the carved turn in the first place... at least till I slow down, get to a more comfortable speed for me and can re adjust so I'm running a thin line again instead of going faster than I feel like going and sliding around, hoping my board will carry me a different direction... ;( lol!

I'm really excited to get on some hard boots and feel for myself what I've seen done... watched a pile of movies, read the articles, and seen a few carvers pass by me on the slopes in the various resorts I've been... just eager to get it myself and working out the final details of where to start. (I prefer to do a pile of research over impulse buy in many cases... at least until i hit a breaking point lol) which naturally was part of why I'm posting here! :) heeheh... At this point I have boots and bindings on the way, but do to a small problem I'm back to "which board should I start with" lol.... but that'll work itself out soon... cuz dammit I want to go snowboarding! lol....

At this point I have boots and bindings on the way, but do to a small problem I'm back to "which board should I start with" lol.... but that'll work itself out soon... cuz dammit I want to go snowboarding! lol....

There is a Prior ATV 171 for sale for $250 in the for sale section. That might be something for you to consider getting your hands on.

the g/f initially says "yes" ... i'll probably try and spend part of the day hanging with you and part with her as she's not quite comfortable on intermediate runs yet... still falling leafing down steeper bits but getting comfy changing edges at least on the green slopes (hehe proud of her.. that leap of faith to change edges is rough the first few times)

I do need to double check my work doesn't have any surprises tho (my schedule says i'm off... but my job's a little bit "on call" as it were...) however, looks like I'll be planning to get up there... I'm guessing very top of the day?

I'll plan on being there around 8:30ish. It gonna be super hard in the am, with the warm 57 degree days this weekend, so I'm going to be happy to let it soften a little before we hit it. Enable your email here on BOL, and send me an email so we can finalize plans.

~George

Looks like it's going to be in the 60's on the slopes tomorrow :freak3:. I think I'm going to hold off until the temps drop back down to more snow friendly levels (I heard it's bullet proof groom in the am, turning quite slushy after the morning warm up).

Mt high has been good! Better exposure in the am than summit. Kids did well. Looks like a bad week followed by a worse weekend. Come on la nina, drop some of that moisture down here.

hehe ok... another time perhaps. not fun snowboarding on concrete followed by a swimming pool. I'd go for mount high but like i said, no season pass, gas is spensif enough as it is :) it's too bad. my g/f and I managed to get up there on monday right as the storm finished more or less so the snow was really pleasant (can't say epic, but pleasant hehehe)...