Note to New Members ×

Freeride Binding Suggestion?

BShaw

Thanks for reading,

I know, freeride not carving. I am looking to setup a Freeride Board that will work with a carving riding style. I started snowboarding on a carving board 4 years ago and now want to try something new (ADHD), and more versatile. Since a lot of riders here use multiple boards, I figure you could give me the best suggestions. I purchased a Donek Wide 169 and now looking for a binding. I will either get the Flow Prow C-XFR or the Catek Freeride Pro. Both look like excellent, well-supported bindings. Ease of entry and support given to the Flow's, with Adjustability and Cool factor given to the Catek's. Has anyone ridden both who could give me any suggestion's.

Thanks for the Help,

Brian

Guest thomas_m

You might ant to look at Nidecker Carbon 900's. I have owned both the 900's and Freerides. For me, the Freerides are too fiddly for a softboot binding.

The Nideckers are stiff, the highback has a good amount of rotation for forward angles and the straps are very comfortable.

T.

Guest AlpentalRider

Burton P1 HDs are now the P1 Carbons and they are sweet bindings for freeriding. If you like really stiff, you can go for the Burton C60s but the P1 Carbons feel soooo good on your feet :)