Note to New Members ×

Lookout Pass

kinpa

Had a great weekend at the mountain (YES, I got two days to ride!!!) I enjoyed some fresh snow yesterday and followed some other instructors in the trees on Lucky Friday and Last Chance. Never really been in trees before, but had a blast! Wasn't really enough new snow to float, and I did hit base on every turn, but it was still cool! My real question is, how come I am so lucky to come in contact with what was probably the only exposed rock on the mountain! Oh well, nothing a little P-Tex can't fix..... hips are sore again today.... not so sure how I'm going to survive a whole week at WTF, but I sure plan to make the best of it!

And I was childless for the entire weekend (seemed really wierd!).... my daughter broke her foot on Wednesday walking home from school in the tiny bit of snow we got. She's on crutches and will be out for at least a couple of weeks! I'm going to miss hanging out with my mini-me at the mountain!

• 2 weeks later...

Two days in a row again at Lookout... even after 5 days at WTF!!! got out of work early on Friday and on a whim headed to the mountain... stayed Friday night and rode hard this morning! Had a pretty awesome wipeout under the top of chair 2.... I saw there were some instructors on the lift who started to laugh at me.... took all day to find out who they were, but I thought it was funny... I think the wipe out must have been pretty impressive. Even got a compliment this morning from one of the lifties! Yipee!!! :biggthump

• 1 month later...

well,looks like my mini-me isn't going to make it back at all this season..... physical therapy for at least 4 weeks starting on Monday for her broken foot from January 11th.... she's bummed, so am I... she was doing great on her board!

Anyway, passes are on sale for the rest of this season AND next.... $199 come on folks, who is going to join me for the #1 Powder Place!!!! (and great groom too!!!)

For the grooming alone it's a great value.So is Schweitzer's deal.Two killer deals within driving distance...what's a guy to do.I'll probably 'settle' for just the Lookout deal with gas inching closer to $4, a 24.00 difference between a trip to the Schwizz and next door at Lookout.I personally think a carving event could be a blast there.

... Kinpa and I get to car pool and ride more together too...:1luvu:

oooohhhhh...... he's so sweet.... :1luvu: (no one else really reads my thread here, do they????) I think it's funny though.... my 10 year old daughter asked me a few weeks ago if Bomber is becoming a dating site! hahahaha.... hey, if you are lucky enough to find someone with the same passions as you, why not?????

Edited by kinpa

hey Pusbag..... it would be great to get another day in of riding together! I'm usually at Lookout on Saturdays, but let me know..... also, I do see a trip to Snowbowl in my future..... wow... the crazy things we do.....

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure exactly why, but Lookout is closing this weekend. It can't be lack of snow and it breaks my heart to hear they will definately close this weekend. One of our 3 chairs has been closed a few weeks so maybe that's it. I guess one of the towers shifted during the thaw and now it dereails.... I guess they are going to have to pour the concrete and move the tower this summer. The good news is that my daughter got the clear from the physical therapist.... she hasn't been on snow since January 11th, but she'll get one last day in on Saturday! I hope to have a few more elsewhere, but we'll see....