Note to New Members ×

MLY Signature? Anyone familiar?

D-Sub

SCORE!

I just picked this up:

MLY_Signature.JPG

at the shop where those TF liners were.

looks like a potentially fun AM type board...a bit wide maybe, but its never seen snow or even had bindings mounted

anyone know the specs? I found one "review" of an MLY signature online but it was a 147 listed

and www.mly.com goes to some bargain basement store

Its weird, Last night at 1am I was walking out of the hospital that I work at and passed the a guy who was bringing in bagels and bread for the food service kitchen and I noticed his van parked at the curb. It was a old MLY demo cube van .....had to take a camera phone pic

Jim

post-219-141842199661_thumb.jpg

Are you referring to post-Yoshida era ? If so, MLY was bought out by some company (World Industries?) in california after Yoshida folded. Yoshida Sauce used to do 12 business. Two of 'em was M3 and MLY. I wonder what's the MLY Vice President, Mark Miller, doing now? haven't seen him a long while. maybe i should go back to newsgroup and find out. Yunki Yoshida was an acquantiance to a friend of mine out in Seattle. He'd know more details. I tried to land a sponsorship with MLY, but no luck since that was the year they folded. Manufactored out in Troutdale, stone's throw from Mt Hood.

I have yet to try the MLY race board, and Im very interested to try 'em out. Yet, I was told it's a bit too soft. So Ill pass it up.

Signature: D-Sub, maybe Ill let you ride my Madd if you'll let me try the Signature. :D Would like to AM hardplate to my quiver toybox.

Originally posted by Bob Jenney

... Was a garage operation in Portland OR. The guy from www.oldsnowboards.com can tell you a lot more. I purchased an MLY (183) carving board from him a few years ago. (He bought it back from me because he'd broken his.)

Uh, I dont think twsnow.com has the specs on those old boards. They used to, tho'. I had a spec paper of MLY somewhere. I'll have to hunt for it, but I doubt I'll find it. It's gotta be deep in my stash out back home in New Mexico. I'll see what I can find with the specs for this particular board. If you happen to find out, would you please post it, as well?

Thanks

Originally posted by D-Sub

SCORE!

I just picked this up:

MLY_Signature.JPG

at the shop where those TF liners were.

looks like a potentially fun AM type board...a bit wide maybe, but its never seen snow or even had bindings mounted

anyone know the specs? I found one "review" of an MLY signature online but it was a 147 listed

and www.mly.com goes to some bargain basement store

http://www.yoshidagroup.com/bio.php

The man: Junki Yoshida.

It was "MOLY" followed by "MLY" followed by "M3".

Still owns "Premier" snow skates.

The "Signiture" board that Dave found has a very cool surf graphic and was one of Shannon Melhuse's "Signature" boards.

Along with the MLY 183cm race which is on the soft side , in part, because it was designed to work in tandem with the "Tinkler" plate. Mike is the brilliant Kiwi that marketed the "Sno-Stix" years ago. Some of the best WC riders still go to Mike for his magic.

Not surprised it rides well. One of the last of the BX boards built by some inspired folks.

I was sorry to see another local snowboard company go away.

if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't MLY was Molly? I wonder what's up with Noah Salasnek since I last saw him being sponsered by MLY. he rips!

question: Premier-- Andy Wolf still runs this company? been a long while since I last saw 'im out at Mt Hood.

Originally posted by www.oldsnowboards.com

http://www.yoshidagroup.com/bio.php

The man: Junki Yoshida.

It was "MOLY" followed by "MLY" followed by "M3".

Still owns "Premier" snow skates.

The "Signiture" board that Dave found has a very cool surf graphic and was one of Shannon Melhuse's "Signature" boards.

Along with the MLY 183cm race which is on the soft side , in part, because it was designed to work in tandem with the "Tinkler" plate. Mike is the brilliant Kiwi that marketed the "Sno-Stix" years ago. Some of the best WC riders still go to Mike for his magic.

Not surprised it rides well. One of the last of the BX boards built by some inspired folks.

I was sorry to see another local snowboard company go away.

Originally posted by John K

I have a 167.... great all mountain board..... soft and very light. I use it exclusively for powder and riding with skiers.... easy to jump turn in chutes. Carves pretty tight due to its soft flex. A great board to have in your quiver.

John K

sorry, but I gotta take issue with the "soft" thing, too!

this board is pretty damn stiff...are we talking about the same board?

and it can do quite long drawn out carves in addition to bein able to turn pretty quickly. The waist is probably about 23cm which is obviously quite wide compared to what most ride for carvers...

I dunno..."soft"? maybe compared to a 196 coiler PR or something

allee...I know that they didnt have any more of these where i got mine (I paid FIFTY btw. wow) but I would highly recommend it altho for a female it might be kinda wide for a carver (Im riding at about 42/45 right now with an M27...someone with small feet might end up with pretty low angles which might inhibit?)

My topsheet is white and the board is definitely soft.... still carves fine, but my friend says it looks like I am about to fold the nose..... I weigh 160.... that's what makes it a nice hardboot powder board. My top sheet is white with different graphics, so maybe it is older... it is definitely way softer than my burton speed, which is another good all around ride.

Originally posted by John K

My topsheet is white and the board is definitely soft.... still carves fine, but my friend says it looks like I am about to fold the nose..... I weigh 160.... that's what makes it a nice hardboot powder board. My top sheet is white with different graphics, so maybe it is older... it is definitely way softer than my burton speed, which is another good all around ride.

different board then, obviously. this one is far from soft, and I have yet to have it feel like its folding or giving out in the slightest. I weigh 205 or so btw:)