Note to New Members ×

Boot dealers in Portland or N Conway

orser506

I have no idea if the info is in any way current, but this shop USED to sell some alpine equipment (they were offering Head SP's on Ebay just a few years ago.) Somehow, I suspect they got out of the business, but worth a try.

http://raceboarding.com/directionstostore.html (I think their new name is Performance Downhill.)

Otherwise, the only other east coast (U.S.) dealer I know with any alpine equipment is in Connecticut:

http://suburbanskiandbike.com/store/

I can't say if there is any store's in the Portland, ME area as I am not familiar with the area. If you have boots and/or footbeds, and Sugarloaf in Maine is convenient, you'd be wise to look up a BOL member by the name of Eric Beckmann. He does great work!

I go to the North Conway area alot, but I can't think of any place that sells boots. Again if you have boots, you could try Stan & Dans' Ski Shop. I find them to be a little snutty as they don't sell snowboard gear. That' s really all I can think of in North Conway.

There is shop in Laval, QC Canada that sells alpine equipment that I've wanted to get to for years! I think the name of the shop is Sharks. If they sell boots, they may fit them too.

Can't forget about our good friends in Toronto at YYZCANUCK! They sell all the equipment you would need and probably help you out with boot fitting!

Probably the best place in New England will possibly be in VT. The Starting Gate sells boots, boards and bindings and does a decent job of boot fittings.

And of course there is right here Bomber Industries! The Mecca of all things alpine! Michelle is a wealth of knowledge and information!

I hope this gets you in the right direction with your boot situation!

Good luck!

Scrapster, that's a good question. My experience with The Starting Gate does go back a few years. Maybe they did get out of selling alpine gear. But may still be good at boot fitting. Maybe that is why people here on BOL keep mentioning Sean at Equipe Sports at Stratton Mountain in VT.

Getting back to the North Conway area, there are plenty of shops that sell telemark gear that do have covection ovens to mold heat moldable liners. If you know what needs to be done and know what you are doing, one of the shops may work with you.

The Speed Factory in Campton, NH tunes alpine boards and does boot work.

Down the road in Plymouth, NH is a place called Richeldsons. They do good boot fittings, but are expensive.

A little further down the road in Concord, NH is a place called Profile Orthotics. Jeff Bockem is the owner, does decent work and is fairly cost effective

Both the Killington, VT and Sunday River, ME areas may have good boot fitters, but again I don't have any experiences there.

Again hope this helps.

Is the Starting Gate back into alpine? Last ECES they had a few Deeluxe 225's left, but that was it. (They are good when it comes to bootfitting though.)

The Gate does not have alpine gear any longer. They may have a few pairs of boots left over from previous seasons however. If you contact them, make sure to ask for Gary specifically, as he is the only boot fitter there.

There is shop in Laval, QC Canada that sells alpine equipment that I've wanted to get to for years! I think the name of the shop is Sharks. If they sell boots, they may fit them too.

Can't forget about our good friends in Toronto at YYZCANUCK! They sell all the equipment you would need and probably help you out with boot fitting!

http://www.sharksco.com/home/

I believe Sharks only sells Deeluxe. And yes, YYZCANUCK...amazing service and product knowledge. Might be worth a phone call anyway to see what they have to say. I've been advised that if going the Deeluxe route (700T) don't worry too much about the initial liner fit as it's going to be heat molded. If you know your shell size that's a great start, then take it to a boot fitter. Good luck!

Thanks for all the info folks . So Eric Beckmann is at Sugarloaf? I'll call to confirm and hopefully get down there after the new year kicks in.

FYI...Eric Beckmann does work for Sugarloaf, but as a snowboard instructor. Not as a boot fitter. I believe he makes footbeds and boot fittings as a hobby.

I hope Eric doesn't mind that I am throwing his name all over the place! :) Eric is a member here on BOL. You may want to contact him here first. Look for him in the Member List under Beckmann AG.

Jeff,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. However, I should clarify a few things relevant to this thread.

Foot support and alteration of the athlete/equipment interface is a viable enterprise, one of several operated under the name 'Beckmann AG'.

I am not a retailer of boots, bindings or boards.

If I had an official job description with the Sugarloaf/USA Ski School, it would likely read 'staff trainer/instructor/dissident', the order of which fluctuates as required.

Stan & Dans is good with boot fitting. They may be snobs or whatnot; but I dnt go to shops for a feel good attitude. Just good work.

Also if your looking for decently priced gear such as jackets skis and boards (non-alpine) check out the ski & snowboard liquidation center on the strip. It's next to Dunkin doughnuts.

Ski and snowboard liquidation center

1946 White Mountain Hwy

North Conway , NH 03860

Stan & Dans is good with boot fitting. They may be snobs or whatnot; but I dnt go to shops for a feel good attitude. Just good work.

Also if your looking for decently priced gear such as jackets skis and boards (non-alpine) check out the ski & snowboard liquidation center on the strip. It's next to Dunkin doughnuts.

Ski and snowboard liquidation center

1946 White Mountain Hwy

North Conway , NH 03860

If your lucky see if they have any raceboards out back. I have them hold on to them for me. I haven't been there in a while so they might have one laying around